e*Thirteen recently released their new XCX pro chainguide.Ã‚Â It has cam-assisted chainline adjustments and a sweet white color to match all your other fresh new white components.
Wondering what’s up with the *prototype disclaimer on that image?Ã‚Â Well, sharp eyed downhillers will note that a seat tube mounted chainguide isn’t the most common thing on the trail.Ã‚Â This was a CNC machined one-off made custom just for Julien Absalon’s Orbea XC world championship race bike.Ã‚Â Seems he didn’t need the little ring on SRAM’s new XX 2×10 to take the podium:
JHK’s apparently a fan, too, and cyclocross racers are jumping for it.Ã‚Â In fact, it’s the first chainguide to ever make the top of the podium at a World Cup race!Ã‚Â The current production version (which launched in November) uses the standard BB mount and is shown after the break with specs and pricing…
The e*Thirteen XCX BB-mount chainguide retails for Ã‚Â£39.99 (guessing about $50 US??) and has the following specs:
- Extremely light at 56 grams!
- World Championship gold medal-proven top slider design
- Easily change chains and chainrings w/o removing wearplate
- Captive gold anodized alloy hardware
- Wearplate has chainring size indicators for simple adjustment
- 1.5 mm backplate spacing with provided 0.5 mm spacers allows perfect setup
- Gear range of 32T – 42T, small enough for the steep Mont Saint Anne climbs and big enough to win Glouchester, Massachusetts!
- Available in black or white
- Made in the USA