Seems as though the race to put out the most boutique crankset is on!
Ted Ciamillo’s Gravitas Crankset has just popped up in the forums again, this time looking pretty complete and with some pricing. We spoke with him recently to get some details, covered here. These specs were listed over at Weight Weenies, and we’ve got a call in to Ciamillo to confirm. Updates as we get them.
- Mass : 390 grams (as shown, does not include rings or bottom bracket)
- Interchangeable spider from compact to standard
- BB30, BSA, BSA adapted to 30, BBRight
- Q-factor: customizable
- Fully customizable arm lengths
- Custom anodize and powder coating
- High modulus carbon fiber tubes with PTS locking technology (patent pending)
The image above is pulled from a larger one that shows combo pricing with a set of his carbon fiber brakes…
At this price, we’re guessing the $700 pre-order special still applies. Stated full retail on the cranks is $1,100.
This one showed up on Veloptimal, which proves they’re more than just vaporware.
Thanks to Gregory (again!) for the tip!