Bicycle as Art
- Keirin: A Show of Photographs by Sam Polcer – Bike Cult Show produces events and exhibitions that intend to present every facet of cycling. This one-day exhibition of photography and paraphernalia explores the world of professional track bike racing in Japan. The show is Thursday, June 18, 2015, 6PM – 10PM at Bicycle Habitat (2nd floor), Chelsea – 226 7th Ave, New York, NY 10011. bikecultshow.com
- Ride Like a Pro for Eight Days in Portugal – The Feed.com has partnered with InGamba to give one lucky winner a trip to InGamba’s Portugal Randonee Cycling Trip, Sunday September 6th – Sunday September 13th, 2015. One spot on the trip is valued at $7,250 (based on double occupancy). To learn more CLICK HERE.
- Ride A Pinarello F8 w/Jaguar On Zwift Island – Win a Real F8 – Riding and Winning A Pinarello F8 Is Straightforward: 1) Unlock Jaguar kit & a Pinarello F8 in Zwift, by pressing P and entering “JAGUAR”. 2) Ride ZWIFT for 1 hour, take a screenshot and post to social media. 3) Tag Zwift, Jaguar & Pinarello.com, then sign-off with the hashtag #ZwiftF8. 4) All valid entries will be entered into a free prize draw.5) Competition finishes Sunday, June 14th at midnight.
- Win a Rolf Prima Kit – Anyone who buys a set of Rolf Prima wheels from any of our authorized dealers is entered into the drawing by registering their wheelset. Visit rolfprima.com/win-a-kit for more information and the link to register your wheels. They’ll be announcing the winner on July 1st.
- The “ALL NEW” Whole Enchilada Enduro is Back with Three Version of Enduro Racing – The Whole Enchilada trail, revered as the crown jewel of enduro riding, returns this fall to Moab, Utah on September 27, 2015 as The “All New” Whole Enchilada Enduro with three different options to suit the varying tastes of enduro racing. Registration opens on June 22 at imathlete.com. Sign up for The Whole Enchilada in addition to Monarch Crest Enduro and receive 10% off. Details can be found at chocolatebunnyproductions.com.
- The Japanese Odyssey – Launching from Sapporo on Sunday, September 13th 2015. Riders will have 14 days to reach Kagoshima, on Kyushu. They will go solo and unsupported across Japan, over a distance of about 2700 km.
There are 4 mandatory check points, amongst which The Norikura Pass, which is the highest you can go on road in Japan. For more information visit japanese-odyssey.com or on their Facebook page.
- Cyclists vs. Grand Canyon’s Historic Steam Train – It’s an epic race that last took place 25 years ago, and now it has returned to take on a new group of challengers. Man (or woman) vs. Machine. Steam vs. Muscle. On Saturday, September 26, 2015 the Grand Canyon Railway, in partnership with Grand Canyon Racing, will fire up its venerable steam engine #4960 – a 310-ton behemoth built in 1923 – to take on hundreds of intrepid bicyclists on a 54-mile course that will climb 2,023 feet starting at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to iconic Williams, Arizona. Registration is now open for the race, and participants may register for the race at GrandCanyonRacing.com.
Charity & Benefit Rides
- LucidBrake to Donate 20% of Summer Sales to Charities Chosen by Riders – LucidBrake, the smart LED lighting safer biking technology company, announced today that any bike-a-thon, triathlon, or other bicycle event raising money for a cause now has another way to raise money for their charity. If they sign up at lucidbrake.com and tell their participants about LucidBrake, 20% of every order by their participants will be designated for their charity.
- Bicycle Friendly Communities Announced – The League of American Bicyclists announced 42 new and renewing Bicycle Friendly Communities (BFC). With this new round, 69 million people live in a Bicycle Friendly Community. These new awardees join a leading group of more than 350 communities in all 50 states that are improving health, safety and quality of life in cities and towns nationwide. Click here to view the list of all Bicycle Friendly Communities. To apply or learn more about the BFC program, visit bikeleague.org/community.
- Hippie Tech Suspension Seeks Grant – Hippie Tech Suspension offers repair and tuning of front and rear shocks. They specialize in maintaining older mountain bike shocks so if you have something from the early days of mountain biking and want to keep it performing then give them a shout. They’re also in the process of seeking a grant to grow the business. Find the link here for more information.
- Ruckus Composites Launches New Website – Ruckus Composites has launched a new website to meet the growing and changing demands of customers during the busy Summer riding season. The site aims to keep cyclists informed and engaged in learning about carbon fiber and carbon fiber repair while helping keep repair turnaround times low. Check out their new site at ruckuscomp.com to see the amazing work that they do.
- Vote for Pure Fix – They’re trying to win a $100,000 grant to help them grow and they need your help! Visit missionmainstreetgrants.com to cast your vote.
- Clug – The World’s Smallest Bike Rack – Looking for a cool Father’s Day gift for the cycling dad? Then check out the Clug. It’s a very simple solution to storing bikes virtually anywhere that you can affix the Clug clip. Check out our report on the Clug from January. Visit getclug.com and enter the discount code BIKERDAD for an additional 20% off until June 21st.
- Dad’s: Get 10% Off Registration – The Road Titans 300+ is a three-day fully supported premiere professional-like cycling adventure and an experience like no other cycling event, designed to defy the limits of endurance with a road course in one of National Geographic’s “Destinations of a Lifetime”, Oconee County, South Carolina. And for a limited time, Road Titans 300 honors fathers with a 10% registration discount good from today through the day after Fathers Day! Use the promo code: DAD to get this special discount for the #1 Dad in your life! roadtitans300.com
- Give Dad Something Delicious for Father’s Day – Let’s save Sunday brunch for Mother’s Day. What Dads want is to get out and ride but he needs to fuel up right so why not get him some Rip van Wafels? We discovered these delicious snacks at the Sea Otter Classic in April where they introduced their new Traditional version. They also have a cocoa filled flavor. I ended up ordering a box for myself once I got home. Spread on a little peanut butter and pour your morning coffee for the perfect pre-ride meal. Visit ripvanwafels.com for more information on how you can have them delivered monthly to your home or business.
- Largest Sale of the Year at Performance Bike! – PerformanceBike.com Triple Points Weekend 6/12-6/14 – 30% Back On Every Item for Team Performance Buyer’s Club Members! Not a Member? Click Here to Join Today!