Racing and Events
- Brompton World Champion to Be Part of UCI Worlds in Richmond – The UCI road world championships, which come to the United States this September for the first time in a generation, will be even more of a spectacle thanks to the addition of one of the most unusual bicycle events in the world. Closing the first week of UCI racing on September 25, 2015, 150 nattily dressed Brompton folding bike riders from around the country will compete in the USA leg of the Brompton World Championship series.
- Red Bull Rampage Tickets on Sale August 10th – Red Bull Rampage, the world’s toughest freeride MTB event, will once again welcome a limited number of spectators on-site to witness the 10th Edition firsthand October 17. Tickets will be released to the public on August 10 for $25 and can be purchased at redbull.com/rampage. Spectators who are lucky enough to make the journey will also be able to attend the qualifiers, held on October 15. If you miss out on tickets or can’t attend the spectacle in person, you can watch the finals live on Red Bull TV.
- Le Tour de France Continues – The Tour heads into the Alps this weekend. Will anyone be able to take the Maillot Jaune from Froome? Visit NBCSports.com in the USA if you want to watch it live. The official site of Le Tour is LeTour.com.
- One Man’s Adventure to Soothe His Wanderlust – Terrified of the prospect of a life spent behind a desk, without challenge or excitement, Leon McCarron quits his job, packs his bags, and takes off to cross America on a bicycle loaded with everything but common sense. The Road Headed West documents Leon’s 6,000-mile cycling odyssey through North America. Funny, insightful, and full of life, The Road Headed West (find it here on Amazon) will inspire readers to chase their dreams and show them what happens when you take a chance and follow the scent of adventure. Visit him at leonmccarron.com.
- BULLS Bikes USA to Launch Ambassador Program – The German-born brand officially opened for business in April of this year and is building a strong base of Bulls advocates and enthusiasts. The brand is selecting Ambassadors throughout the country who are interested in introducing BULLS to their local cycling communities, as well as providing feedback on Bulls product development. Each Bulls Bikes USA Ambassador will receive a Bulls bike, along with a team jersey, swag and other materials to distribute to fellow cyclists. Applications are currently available on the Bulls Bikes USA website and will be reviewed until August 10th when the application window officially ends. BullsBikesUSA.com
- What’s the Best Bike Shop in America? – Is your shop in the running? Vote for your favorite local shop and check back for the 2015 rankings. Visit theactivetimes.com for the article and a link to the survey.
- Earn $$$ Riding a Bike Around Brooklyn & Queens – 60 riders are needed to be Brand Ambassadors on Saturday July, 18th for 8.5 hours. The rate is $275 for the day! You’ll need your own bicycle and helmet and you will be acting as a glorified messenger for GrubHub. Visit MustardLane.com for more details if you’re interested. You may also contact Mustard Lane via email. Be sure to mention that you heard about this on Bikerumor.com.
- Steamboat Springs’ Enduro-X Mountain Bike Race – The Enduro-X mountain bike race descends upon Steamboat Springs for its third year, with expo and race events slated for August 22 and 23, 2015. An expo and practice kick off the weekend Saturday, August 22. The competition takes over Mount Werner and Steamboat Bike Park, with four race stages on Sunday, August 23. Race registration is now open, and a limited number of benefit raffle/ barbecue tickets are on sale. For complete information, visit enduro-xrace.com.
- Get your pass to Interbike 2015 – PeopleForBikes has partnered with Interbike—North America’s biggest bike show—to offer PeopleForBikes supporters 50% off the price of admission on Customer Appreciation Day, Friday, September 18. On Customer Appreciation Day, sponsored by My City Bikes, just $10 will get you access to the latest in bikes, technology and gear, all under one roof! To get your discounted ticket, use promo code PFB15.