Cycling for Charity
- Boy Scouts Bike 3,900 Miles to Battle Cancer – On June 15, seven Boy Scouts embarked on an epic bike journey from the Pacific seaside town of Florence, Oregon. Their destination, 66 days and 3,900 miles over the horizon, Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Their mission, to honor a schoolmate they lost to cancer and to raise awareness and funds for teen cancer programs. The extreme cyclists, high school students in Chapel Hill, have now traveled almost 3,000 miles, successfully navigating the Cascades and Rockies, crossing the Continental Divide, descending into the Great Plains. Ahead, the Appalachian Mountains roll into North Carolina’s Piedmont and the coast, the entire trip without vehicle support. The Trans-America odyssey, appropriately labeled Bike Loud! is slated to end on August 18. Click here for Bike Loud! Website and news from the road.
- Bikepacking Endurance Cycling Challenge: 3,600km Solo Across Japan in 21 Days – Ollie Blackmore, endurance cyclist from Norfolk, UK, is taking on an almighty challenge, cycling across Japan solo and unsupported. Cycle Challenge Japan is set to be a grueling 3,647 km (2,266 miles) of cycling, with 175,000ft of climbs, in just 21 days starting on the 9th September 2015. Ollie aims to raise awareness and £15,000 for Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project – a cause which works to end dolphin captivity and slaughter. Find out more about Ollie’s challenge on his Facebook Page.
- Speedvagen Australia Fit Tour – Sacha White and The Vanilla Workshop are preparing to take off on the second leg of the Speedvagen Fit Tour. This trip takes Speedvagen to Australia, specifically Sydney and Melbourne. In addition to fitting new Speedvagen customers, there will be rides in each city as well as evening events open to the public. There are limited spots available, as each fit takes 2-3 hours. Spending this much time working with each customer allows Sacha to understand each rider’s unique strengths, needs, and limitations. The end result is your dream bike, completely tuned to your riding style. Learn more about the Australia Fit Tour or schedule a fit session with Sacha here. Sydney Dates: August 24th – 30th at the Rapha Cycle Club – Melbourne Dates: Sept 1st – 6th at Shifter Bikes
- Universal Sports Network Presents 2015 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup from Windham, New York, August 8-9 – Universal Sports Network presents five hours of national television and online coverage of the 2015 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup from Windham, NY, this Saturday, August 8 at 8 p.m. ET and Sunday, August 9 at 10 p.m. ET. Fans who do not normally receive Universal Sports Network as a part of their television package will be able to watch the mountain bike action from upstate New York during week-long free previews from DIRECTV, CenturyLink Prism, Bend Broadband, WAVE and GCI. (Viewers should contact their provider for details and channel numbers. To find Universal Sports by zip code, please visit universalsports.com.)
- UCI Mountain Bike World Cup: Windham, New York – This Saturday August 8th, Windham, NY hosts the world’s best downhillers and cross country racers in this latest event on the UCI calendar. Former DH World Champion, Missy The Missile” Giove will also be making her return to racing after many years off of the pro circuit. The downhill competition of the Windham round of the 2015 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano gets under way on Friday afternoon with the qualifying rounds. The Finals will take place on Saturday, while the cross-country racing will take place on Sunday. Follow the action live on redbull.tv.
- Richmond 2015 Announces Navigation Tools for 2015 UCI Road World Championships – Organizers Encourage Spectators to “Know Before You Go”. Richmond 2015, the organizer of the 2015 UCI Road World Championships, has unveiled the transportation plan for the nine-day cycling event taking place in Richmond in September. Navigate.Richmond2015.com features interactive mapping tools and answers to questions about navigating the World Championships. Users will find information about where to watch, parking, traffic and transportation options. Detailed daily guides are also now available for download. For more information about Richmond 2015 visit Richmond2015.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
- NEW Distributor ZEITBIKE goes Live! – ZEITBIKE relies on a groundbreaking distribution model and delivers products to meet the needs of contemporary and urban shops that prioritize the high quality products and great value. All ZEITBIKE products are well designed, long lasting, simple to use, and aesthetically appealing. The company establishes only exclusive partnerships to ensure focused attention on its brands. Dealers can sign up online immediately at ZEITBIKE.com in a 3 min process. ZEITBIKE will also be at Interbike on a combined 50 x 20 booth (at location #9092).