- 2015 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – This year’s Worlds are in Vallnord, Andorra and can be seen on Redbull.TV. The Men’s and Women’s Cross Country race is Saturday, September 5th while the Men’s and Ladies Downhill will be aired on Sunday the 6th.
- Rwanda Makes it’s UCI World Championships Debut – While researching the broadcast information on the Worlds, we found the story of Nathan Byukusenge who will be the first Rwandan ever to compete in the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships. Visit uci.ch for the rest of this story.
- Richmond 2015 Welcomes Brompton Folding Bike Event to World Championships – The UCI Road World Championships, which come to the United States this September for the first time in a generation, will be even more of a spectacle thanks to the addition of one of the most unusual bicycle events in the world. Closing the first week of UCI racing on September 25, 2015, 150 nattily dressed Brompton folding bike riders from around the country will compete in the USA leg of the Brompton World Championship series. Watch: The Official Trailer for the 2015 Brompton World Championship USA Brompton is the official folding bike sponsor of the UCI Road World Championships, Richmond, 2015. For more information about the Brompton World Championship USA, visit brompton.com/bwcusa.
- La Vuelta 2015 – Check out the latest on La Vuelta on Universal Sports if you have cable or satellite here in the USA. If you have a reliable way of finding it online then let us know.
- USA Cycling Licenses Discounted for 2015/2016 Season – USA Cycling is excited to announce a special offer for new and returning members just in time for cyclo-cross season. Beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 1, new and returning members can purchase their 2015 license and also all of 2016 for the discounted price of $115. Annual racer licenses are currently $70 each. For members that want to race cyclo-cross for the next two seasons, this special deal offers a $140 value for $115 – that’s a $25 discount. To take advantage of this special offer, just click here and select the Limited Time Offer under Racer Licenses.
- Breck Epic MTB Stage Race Announces 2016 Dates – Organizers of Colorado’s 6-day Breck Epic MTB Stage Race are pleased to announce August 14-19, 2016 as the official dates for event’s 8th annual edition. Three-day “Epic-curious” offerings will once again be made available providing riders with the opportunity to select stages through one through three or four through six in addition to the event’s signature 6-day format. Registration for the 2016 event is already underway and hosted on GetEvent.com with early bird pricing in effect through September 31, 2016. For more information, please visit BreckEpic.com.
- Balance Bicycle World Championships Held In Rapid City – Toddlers from around the world gathered in Rapid City on August 28th & 29th for the 2015 Strider World Championships. For more on the story visit Keloland.com
- Thompson Bucks County Classic -The Thompson Bucks County Classic, the cycling festival that includes the famed Criteriums of Doylestown, the Cyclosportif recreational ride, and the Children’s racing program, will feature an increased prize purse that is equal between the men and women. Also, an Amateur Men’s (2/3) race has been added for the first time. All events will feature live web streaming and large crowds. Registration for the Amateur Men and Doylestown Health Pro Women can be found at: bikereg.com/thompsoncriterium
- Vote for the UCI Women Road World Cup Epic Moment of Suffering! – Over the course of the 2015 UCI Women Road World Cup, the Suffer Prize presented by The Sufferfest has recognized those riders who truly, beautifully and terribly Suffered in the pursuit of honour, glory and victory. Help choose the single most impressive exploit at TheSufferfest.com.
Labor Day Sales
- All remaining Ceepo 2014 framesets are now 50% off! – Visit Stage-Race.com for pricing and availability.
- Visit Bikerumor’s Hot Deals Page – There are many Labor Day sales going on so be sure to click through bikerumor.com/hot-deals to your favorite online retailer.
- Philly Bike Expo Ready to Roll – On Saturday and Sunday, November 7th and 8th2015, the Philly Bike Expo returns for its sixth year. The premier East Coast bicycling event will once again be held at Philadelphia’s premier event venue, the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The Philly Bike Expo continues to expand its scope to further its mission of embracing and celebrating all aspects of bicycle culture. Visit phillybikeexpo.com for more details.
- Cast of “Breaking Away” Set For Reunion at Interbike Awards Gala – Interbike, the largest bicycle industry trade show in North America, today announced that four of the top billed cast members of the iconic 1979 cycling film “Breaking Away” will reunite on-stage at the 2015 Interbike Awards Gala on Thursday, September 17th at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Members set to appear include the film’s main character, Dennis Christopher (Dave Stoller), Jackie Earle Haley (Moocher), Paul Dooley (Ray Stoller) and Dennis Quaid (Mike).
- Race Face / Easton Cycling Expand into New Location, Go Dealer Direct in Canada – Race Face and Easton Cycling (RFE Holding Corp, a subsidiary of Fox Factory Holdings) are on the move yet again with the expansion of the Race Face carbon crank production facility and a change in Canadian distribution for Easton Cycling. Rob Moore, Director of Engineering for RFE, explains the move. “Race Face is expanding its carbon crank manufacturing facility. With the addition of new presses, new processing equipment and expanded carbon layup facilities, Race Face will more than double current crank production volume, as well as improve product quality and consistency. Ultimately, this allows Race Face to produce better, lighter and stronger products.” eastoncycling.com raceface.com
- Lightweight Carbon Sports Now in the USA – Magura USA has reached a long term sales and distribution agreement with Erhard Wissler owner of Lightweight Carbon Sports. Starting September 1st, Magura will begin north American distribution of the hi-end carbon specialist brand out of Germany. Their website is coming soon at: Lightweight.cc
- Bicycle Start-Up, Simple Sam USA – A South African bike company now being launched by two aspiring entrepreneurs out of Redding, California. For every 4 bikes that they sell in the U.S., they’ll give 1 purpose built bike away to people in Africa. They believe that through mobilizing the world they can create a natural momentum of economic development. Their Kickstarter campaign kicks off this month! Visit Facebook.com/simplesamcycles for more information.
- Announcing: 1,000 Bicycle Friendly Businesses Across the USA – The League of American Bicyclists has awarded 100 new and renewing Bicycle Friendly Businesses in 31 states and Washington, D.C. With this announcement, the program has grown to include 1,050 visionary local businesses, government agencies and Fortune 500 companies from across the country that are changing the script on what it means to provide a top-notch experience and atmosphere for employees and customers alike. There are now BFBs in 47 states and DC. Here’s the List of 2015 Awardees
- Gore to invest $15m in ‘new approaches’ to DWR – W.L. Gore & Associates will invest more than $15 million in, and look at “completely new approaches” to, durable water repellent (DWR) solutions over the next five years, in a bid to find solutions with an improved environmental profile. Visit SportsTextiles.com for more on the story.
- New Video from Boulder, CO Company Matter Cycles – mattercycles.com
- Bikes and yoga… match made in heaven? – The VIDA/Lululemon Colab is all about rediscovering your inner self, and using that connection to inspire your riding experience. VIDA couldn’t be more excited to announce their partnership with Lululemon in Aspen, CO! they’re teaming up to bring you a truly unique experience that combines the skill building VIDA is known for with a deeper mindfulness to enhance progression through yoga. Join them Saturday and Sunday, September 19 – 20, 2015! One and two day options are available. For more information and to register, please click here.
- Bkool adopts the ANT+ FE-C protocol – The new simulator version also add improvements that provide connectivity to Bluetooth Smart devices. Thanks to this new version, it is now possible to use Bkool trainers with simulators from other brands. Bkool.com
- Would you like to ride Road Worlds in Richmond? You can! – Zwift is proud to present the first-ever digital rendering of a world championship race course for Richmond 2015 UCI Road Worlds. This is the same course the pro’s will be riding later this month in Richmond, VA., USA. More info here at Zwift.com
Bike Park News
- Bike Park Season Isn’t Over Yet! – Order NOW and get your MTBparks Pass in time for Labor Day weekend and SAVE $50. 30+ Bike Parks, One Pass, Two Months Left to Ride! Click Here to order your pass today!
- The Jensie Gran Fondo of Marin – Jens Voigt has chosen Marin County, California as the perfect place to host his very own Gran Fondo event this October 10th 2015. For more information visit thejensiegranfondo.com