- Shimano to Develop Leisure Complex in Netherlands – Shimano Europe has signed a letter of intent to develop a new cycling, fishing and rowing complex in Valkenburg, Netherlands that is due for completion in 2017. The Shimano Experience Center will allow visitors to share the love of cycling, fishing and rowing – Shimano’s three core passions – and show visitors fun ways to get involved in these sports. You can find more on the story here.
- Plan Your New Product Intro, Staff Get-Away or Vacation in Fruita, CO – The city, businesses and people of Fruita, Colorado are urging the Cycling Community to plan their Business Events, Staff Retreats, and Vacations in Fruita during the upcoming Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 seasons. Located minutes from the Grand Junction Regional Airport, home to some of the World’s Best Mountain and Road Biking rides, and flush with nice accommodations and activities for all, there’s never been a better time to go to Fruita. Go to gofruita.com and click on any of the images here to book your next adventure!
Richmond Worlds 2015
- VIP Opportunity at the Belgian Huis in Richmond 2015 – Belgian Huis “House” and Roel Vanmuysen’s business, BelgiumBike are creating another beneficial networking event in Richmond, Virginia during the World Cycling Championships which is back in the United States after 30 years. The event will take place at a typical “Flandrien/Classic” part of the course at one of the most critical climbs in the race. Visit the event’s Facebook Page for more information on how you can be a part of this unique way of taking in the World Championships.
- Bigtime mountain biking returns to Vail, Colorado – Powered by SRAM and presented by Scott Bicycles, the Outlier Offroad Festival, which will be held in Vail, Colorado Friday, September 26 through Sunday, September 27th, combines the key components of what most would consider mountain biking’s best events – a consumer demo served by two chairlifts, large-purse enduro and xc racing, and a strategic and timely media component, all hosted within a vibrant and affluent mountain venue that’s within easy access of two airports. Need more info? Check out outlier.bike.
- Boyd Cycling and the Hellhole Gravel Grind Stage Race are giving away a set of Boyd’s Altamont wheels, and anyone that crosses the finish line on Saturday has their name thrown in the pot.
- Exustar Giving $4k in Cleats Away at Interbike – Exustar, the leader in Performance/Value cycling shoe and pedal systems, is giving away a case (100 units) of cleats to one lucky dealer a day during Interbike. All you have to do is be a qualified dealer, stop by the booth, hand Dannie Nall your card, and come back an hour before the show ends to see if you’ve won! CLICK-IN to the Exustar booth #28218 every day of Interbike for your chance to win.
Clothing – Gear – Tools
- 25% Off of Scicon Products – Scicon is offering 25% off of the Team Editions of their popular AeroComfort 2.0 TSA bike bags and Phantom 230 saddle bags for a limited time. Click Here to go to their online store.
- Spritz – Don’t Spread – Still using chamois cream to protect your nether regions on rides? We were recently turned on to a new product that takes a different approach to preventing chaffing and saddle sores. The foundation of Crotch Guard Skin Care Oil is based on strengthening the moisture balance of the outer skin layer. It goes on easy and you cannot really feel it once it’s applied. Visit crotchguard.com for more information and order yourself a 1 oz or 4 oz bottle.
- New Flavors, New Website for B-LINE Natural Energy – The NC based nutrition company B-LINE, created by mountain bikers, makes 100% organic energy gels. Each 2.5 oz. squeeze pouch provides fast absorbing carbohydrates made with real food ingredients. They’ve just launched a new website and redesigned packaging in two new flavors: pomegranate, banana, maple, honey, coconut and honey, maple, molasses, raspberry, chia seed. In recognition of the launch and upcoming Interbike trade show, the folks at B-LINE are running a week long show special. Starting today through next Friday the 18th, use promo code INTERBIKE at checkout for 25% off your order.
- Road Titans 300+ Cycling Challenge – Push yourself beyond your limits at this extreme cycling race up mountains, cruising through spectacular landscapes and riding past waterfalls, rivers, and lakes… It is a tough 300+ mile route, but nothing short of spectacular. The event is October 30th & 31st and November 1st in Oconee County, South Carolina. For more information on the Road Titans Challenge 300+ visit RoadTitans300.com.
- Cannondale Issues Voluntary Recall of OPI Stems – Cannondale has issued a voluntary recall due to a potential issue they found with their OPI Stems. Through continued testing they discovered a possible safety issue regarding how the OPI stem attaches to the fork’s steerer tube and wants to eliminate the issue by getting ahead of it. No accidents or injuries have been reported and Cannondale already has a solution in place. Here’s a link to the full article and details on what you need to do should you have the OPI stem.
- Come Home to Sufferlandria and Save – Use the code SUFFERAGAIN at thesufferfest.com in the next 48 hours to save 20% on their entire range of cycling, triathlon and running training videos as well as their training plans.