- Sign up for the 30th edition of the granfondo La Fausto Coppi Le Alpi del Mare 2017 – The international granfondo La Fausto Coppi Le Alpi del Mare has just opened registration. The event on the July 9 in Cuneo, Italy, celebrates its 30th birthday, with some special celebrations in the works. For now, all cyclists that will have their 30th birthday in 2017 (born in 1987) will pay only 30€ for their entry fee, no matter when they register. Everyone else will also pay a discounted price of 35€ if they register before Dec 31 2016. The routes will be the same as in 2016, with the mediofondo counting 111 km (2550m of climbing), and the granfondo of 177 km (4125m of getting up). FaustoCoppi.net
- Strider Cup Series 2017 announced – Strider just announced the dates and locations for the Strider Cup Racing Series, which will visit four cities next year in Texas, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, and then Utah for the Strider Cup World Championship. You’ll find Strider Cup races in Fort Worth, TX, at Sundance Square on May 6, Pittsburgh, PA, at Southside Works on May 27, and Lincoln, NE, at Tower Square on June 10. The series-ending Strider Cup World Championship race will be held July 22 at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City, UT, where nearly 250 toddlers competed on the custom Strider track in 2016. Organizers are expecting over 400 toddler-aged racers from around the world to compete this time around. StriderBikes.com
- Trek president John Burke offers advice to president-elect Trump – In a piece published in the Huffington Post this week, Burke lays out a dozen points on how to move forward in a mix of politics and business sense. While it may seem a bit bizarre as to why Burke is trying to enter the fray, he earlier this year published his own book titled “12 Simple Solutions to Save America”. Huffpo.com
- Race Face & Easton engineering director Rob Moore, passes away at 46 – It is always especially devastating when someone we know checks out early. Having designed components with Race Face since the beginning of his career, Rob made his way back into the bike fold a couple of years ago as they joined with Easton & Fox. Rob succumbed to an aggressive melanoma, and a legacy fund is being put together by RFE and Fox.
- Get a deal La Fuga’s rental fleet – It may be Black Friday but there are still other deals afoot. Bike tour company is selling off their fleet of Canyons and Cervelos to make way for 2017 bikes, and you can get a solid deal on a well taken care of bike. Used for just 5 months this season, the fleet of Canyon Ultimates (CF SL & CF SLX), plus a few remaining Cervelo R5s and Specialized bikes are being retired whilst still in their prime. LaFuga.cc