WARNING: This video features no riding whatsoever.
Travel & Touring
- Hipcamp Launches “Airbnb” for Outdoors | Unlocks Private Lands – Hipcamp, the website that makes getting outside fun and easy, is bringing the sharing economy, made popular by Airbnb, to the outdoors. Check out Hipcamp’s Land Sharing video to be transported to these unspoiled lands. Be sure to turn up the volume to get the full effect! Hipcamp.com
More news and pumptrack event info after the break…
- IMBA Announces 2015 Epics and Ride Centers – For more than a decade, IMBA has recognized trails and trail systems around the world that stand out as models for the best that mountain biking has to offer. This year, IMBA has recognized six Epic rides that average 60 miles in length and offer unrivaled challenges and scenery. In the IMBA Ride Center category, 13 outstanding places to ride a mountain bike from the U.S. to New Zealand were recognized, including five new gold-level locations that join Park City, UT, the original pinnacle of Ride Centers. Get the Full Story Here.
- New Tool Lets You Request Bicycle Parking And Report Abandoned Bikes – The Chicago Department of Transportation has introduced pages on their website to help you let the city know where you’d like a new bike rack to be installed. You can even report an abandoned bike that may be taking up space in a congested bike rack.
- Blue Ridge Battle Pump Track Challenge – The Blue Ridge Battle Pumptrack Challenge presented by Industry Nine continues this weekend (Saturday, August 29th) with the fourth round at Rocky Knob Mountain Bike Park in Boone, NC. The series is a novel mountain/bmx competition format focusing on fun, family and flow. During each round they offer qualifying, transfer rounds, and a best trick competition. Visit the Blue Ridge Battle Pumptrack Challenge Facebook Page for all of the dates and details. While there, be sure to ride the trails at Rocky Knob. They’ve recently built a sweet-looking new jump line and they’ve given PB&J a makeover. I can’t wait to check it out!
- 2015 UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships – Vallnord – They’re not this weekend but racing for some of the disciplines does begin September 1st. Vallnord in Andorra is host to this year’s worlds. Visit vallnordworldchampionships.com for more information.
Where to Ride
- RideKlamathRide.com debuts to help cyclists navigate trails in Southwest Oregon – With over 300 days of sunshine each year, spectacular scenery, hundreds of miles of bike routes and trails, Klamath is one of the West’s best biking destinations. Spanning from Crater Lake National Park to Lava Beds National Monument on the Oregon/California border – you will be wowed by incredible views, abundant wildlife, and extraordinary recreation opportunities. Whether you are a road rider, mountain biker, gravel grinder, local or active traveler, the RideKlamathRide website features maps with nearly 900 miles of road bike routes, 70 miles of mountain bike trails, and 179 miles of gravel grinding roads.