Not that long ago, Race Face introduced their Vault hub technology in a J-Bend hub shell. That allowed you to build your own wheels with their Vault hub technology while sticking with j-bend spokes for serviceability. Now they’ve added another option to the mix – something a little more colorful.
Yes, the same Vault j-bend hubs are now available in five different colors with the addition of blue, orange, purple, and silver.
The hubs still feature the same oversized hub shell for increased stiffness with a wider bearing stance and burly 6902 bearings. The 60 tooth drive ring engages with 6 pawls for 120 points and 3° of engagement.
The hubs are available in Boost spacing only, and only in 32h configurations at the moment – though black hubs are available in 32 or 28h. The colored hubs will sell for the same price as the black versions, with the front selling for $174.99 and the rear for $324.99.
- J-Bend Spoke Compatible
- Oversized hub body for stiffness
- Proven 6902 bearings with a wide bearing stance
- Boost spacing only
- Shimano or XD cassette body available
- 6 Pawls with 2 teeth each
- 120 points for 3 degrees of engagement
- Tool free endcaps
Specs and Colours
- Colours: Dark Blue / Orange/ Purple / Silver
- Built For: XC/Trail/Enduro
- Available Options: Shimano or XD compatible
- Rear Hub: 12 x 148 Boost
- Front Hub: 15 x 110 Boost
- Weight – 192g front, 326g rear (lightest configuration)
- Spokes – 32h