525. That’s the number of victories in Eddy Merckx’ storied career. Let that sink in for a moment. Even compared to today’s best riders, Eddy seems to be on another level. Because of that, 525 has been chosen for the name of their newest top end model. And just like Eddy, the bike seeks to strike a near perfect balance of speed on the flats, climbing ability, and comfort to tackle the worst cobbles.
Starting at the front, a stunning integrated bar and stem starts the 525 down its path to aerodynamic efficiency. Any hoses and wires are completely hidden in the bar, through the stem, and down into the aero spacer stack where they route through the frame and fork.
The front of the bike is also focused on stiffness with a squared tubing profiles and a massive head tube.
In contrast, the back of the bike is heavily slanted towards comfort with pencil thin seat stays and two flex zones to smooth out the rough stuff.
Available in rim or disc brake models and mechanical or electronic drivetrains, the bike will fit up to 700c x 28mm tires. Along with the Stockeu69, AG2R La Mondiale will be racing this bike in the coming season. Pricing starts at €4,999.00 for the rim brake model or €6,499.00 for disc.
- Rim: 860 grams (frame size SMALL, painted) and 330 grams (fork, painted)
- Disc: 925 grams (frame size SMALL, painted) and 360 grams (fork, painted)
- Available in sizes XS to XL
- Handlebar – stem combinations available from 38 cm to 44 cm and 9 cm to 14 cm
- Three balance designs: the two stripes were chosen deliberately. The front line is clearly wider than the rear. The front therefore represents the strength and stiffness that the bicycle has at the front, while the left, rear line underlines the comfort of the rear stays. Available designs:
- Glossy Black / Matt Black / Red
- Burgundy Red Metallic / Gunmetal Grey (glossy finish)
- AG2R Replica Design
- Available in rim and disc
- Available with electronic and mechanical groupsets
- Stock collection is available in the Ultegra Di2 and Ultegra. The MyMerckx Dream Builder is available for the 525 (other groupsets can be configured)
- Tyre clearance up to 28 mm
- Choose your own unique colours and design through MyMerckx