MBOSC’s The Return of Sawpit means Build a trail, Win a bike! – The Mountain Bikers OF Santa Cruz are ready to begin construction on the new Sawpit Trail reroute in Soquel Demonstration State Forest. But they need help to make it happen. So, when you support the project with a $5 contribution, you’ll be entered to win ANY production Santa Cruz mountain bike of your choice with a top-of-the-line-full-bling build. Who wouldn’t want to get in on that!
Creating the new Sawpit Trail will be hard work, but MBOSC is psyched to be heading up the new trail design & construction project. They say they need to raise $100,000. It will cost $300k to rebuild Sawpit Trail & maintain SDSF trails for the next 5 years. But, contributions to this campaign are being matched 2x by generous donors, so every dollar you donate is actually worth triple what you give. If their first week of fundraising goes well, they hope to start scheduling their Sawpit Dig Days and open sign-ups next week.
The online fundraiser started this week & runs until Jan 13, 2020. The drawing for the Santa Cruz will take place Jan 14. MBOSC.givingfuel.com
More Gear & Contests
- Win a as yet unreleased 2020 Radio Legion 29er frame – German BMX brand Radio Bikes is expanding quickly into mountain, slope style & dirt jump bikes. And one of the way’s they’re hyping the move, is by giving away this new 2020 alloy 29er. The Legion looks set to be something of a monster BMX style cruiser for shredding city streets. And you can enter to win it on Instagram, by following Radio, reposting the contest post & tagging friends. Do it now & a winner will get picked Nov 29.
- Get Magware, the last bikepacking knife, fork & spoon you’ll ever need – Full Windsor’s newest product is Magware, a just launched stacking anodized 7075 magnetic flatware project on Kickstarter. Their goal is to eliminate single use plastic flatware with a bring your own approach. The lightweight sets start at $34 and might be a great addition to your regular bikepacking or camping kit. Kickstarter.com
- Dynaplug Wheelie Wrench Pro Hans Rey edition tool now available – We got an early look at the latest Fix Mfg tool back in September, and now you can actually get one. Fix Mfg extended their most capable wearable bike multi-tool with a collaboration with Dynaplug & Hans Rey to deliver their best bike tool with the quickest tubeless puncture solution on the market. FixMfg.com
Where to ride
- Register to race Czech Gravel Blinduro now – It’s one of our favorite European gravel races, back now for the third year (that’s me kissing the Devil’s Butt rock on course!) Next Jun 20-21, 2020 in Stare Mesto pod Landstejnem, Czech Republic, the two-day enduro format gravel race is back with its limited 300 racer field and camping on site. Just 35€ to enter. Do it while there are still spots left! Facebook.com/Gravel.Blinduro PS, there is also some great blind mountain bike enduro racing on the 2020 Blinduro calendar too. Some races have already sold out, but have a look here to see if something tickles your fancy.
- Register now to race the Big Sugar in Bentonville – Another great looking gravel race on the stateside of the pond. This all-new gravel event coincides next fall with consumer bike test event Outerbike at the popular cycling destination of Bentonville, AR. The Big Sugar rolls out Oct 24, 2020, brought to you by the folks behind Dirty Kanza & Leadville 100. Register today to lock in your spot.
- Wait, now register for San Diego Belgian Waffle Ride, too – Today is the day to sign up to race everywhere. With the Tour of California cancelled, they say the Belgian Waffle Ride batter go a lot thicker. OK, I don’t know what that is supposed to mean. But registration opens today for one of the most unique cycling events in the country. The Canyon BWR returns dirtier than ever for its 9th edition of pedaling perversity. Created as an extremely challenging race in the spirit of the great European one-day Spring Classics, BWR comes back to North County San Diego May 3, 2020 with a larger prize purse for the deepest field yet. There’s pro & amateur races of varying lengths, plus a weekend long expo. BelgianWaffleRide.bike