Yorkshire carbon manufacturer Carbon Wasp unveiled an aero bar platform designed for quick adjustability and customization. Wasp started manufacturing aero bars in 2018, crafting custom sculpted designs for professional teams and companies. In 2022 the outfit created something all their own, and it looks fast.
The new Carbon Wasp aero bar is the company’s first commercially available piece on the subject. Now, you don’t have to be a world-class time trialist or on a world tour team to get a set, Carbon Wasp is ready to take them to the masses, designed, tested, and manufactured in the UK.
What makes Carbon Wasp aero bar different?
The biggest gain with a setup like Carbon Wasp is the adjustability of the extentions and the ability to change tweak a rider’s setup easily over time. This process can be complicated with uber high-end sculpted components, and require lots of custom tooling.
Carbon Wasp has been working with riders across Triathlon and TT disciplines, from local legends to Olympians. The research helped Carbon Wasp develop an adjustable system to fit most bikes and optimize any rider’s position.
The most significant selling point in the Carbon Wasp aero bars is the adjustability, and if you want something custom, there is a two-week lead time. Long enough to get the system dialed before your A race.
Carbon Wasp aero bar fit dimensions and options:
- Length: adjustable from 280mm – 374mm (from rear base bar bolt hole to end of tips) – or longer with an adapter plate.
- The angle from centreline (toe-in) is adjustable from parallel to tips touching
- Armrests: two positions (or custom drill to fine-tune) The barend tips are compatible with Shimano/SRAM shifters with internal cable routing and space inside for junction box (eTap blip box fits inside Non-UCI version)
- Two armrest options, ‘U’ shaped or ‘L’ shaped
Optional Garmin/Wahoo mount (Plus scope to customize these specs)
The Carbon Wasp standard aero bar system is available in two versions:
- Non-UCI version: This fit offers greater comfort and aero advantages outside the restrictive UCI rules.
- UCI compliant version: This fit is optimized to give the most aerodynamic position within the UCI rules.
- * Adapter plate available for Trek and Cervelo bars
The current lead time is approximately two weeks — bars are hand-made in Yorkshire and are available now at Carbonwasp.com for $1,060 for the whole system.