If you’re unfamiliar with Curve Cycling, they think of life as a grand adventure, enhanced by bikes – race – ride – seek – and a lot more. Based in Melbourne, Australia, Curve has made gravel / bikepacking bikes designed for toting loads about the place.
Inspired by off-road, ultra-endurance cyclist Jesse Carlson, the Rocket Pooch is designed to be tough enough to withstand the roughest of roads and dodgiest of weather, whilst keeping the contents inside the primary compartment warm and dry inside.
- The main Pooch pouch is waterproof. The lower zip-up pocket is not – don’t keep your spare socks in there.
- Expandable outer mesh pockets for stashing your… stash.., and a secret (shh) inside pocket/shelf. Smaller, separated storage space makes it easier to organise your gear, so you spend less time faffing about trying to find your chamois cream/peace pipe/bear spray.
- Our unique 4-point velcro mounting system holds the Rocket Pooch firmly in place to avoid all manner of rubbing, jiggling or jangling.
- Maximum capacity: 4 Litres
- Material: 100D / 400D Cordura
- Mounts to Rocket Cage
Titanium Rocket Cage
- Material: Titanium
- Mounts to: Triple 5M Boss Mounts (you’ll need an appropriate fork)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Price: $AU 229 for one Pooch bag and one titanium cage.
- Can I use the bags with my Salsa Anything cage?: Negative, different shape and therefore not compatible.
- What is Cordura Fabric?: Originally developed for light yet durable technical packs requiring an optimal strength-to-weight ratio, CORDURA® Lite fabrics are woven with high tenacity nylon 6,6 filament yarns and offer enhanced tear and abrasion resistance.
- Are they waterproof?: Yes, the main part of the pooch will protect your gear when things get wet and wild. The outer pockets are not 100% waterpoof.
- Can I buy the cages and bags separately?: Initially, the Rocket Pooch bag and titanium Rocket Cage will be sold together as they are designed to work together. The bags and cages come with a 2-year warranty against manufacturing faults.
- What’s the maximum volume and weight that a Rocket Pooch can carry?: Each Rocket Pooch bag is 4L MAX, but should carry a max weight of 3kg. Please use according to your fork specification, i.e.: if your fork is rated to a max 5kg, do not overload your Rocket Pooch bag.
Article first appeared on Gravel Cyclist. Jayson O’Mahoney is the Gravel Cyclist: A website about the Gravel Cycling Experience.