- Their slogan is “If you like riding bikes, you’ll dig our shirts.” Two riders from Brevard, North Carolina started The A-Line in September 2014 to make apparel that is a celebration of the cycling culture and subcultures within it, because bikes make life better. They’ve got about eight designs now and can create custom designs as well. The A-Line: Cycling apparel for life on two wheels.
- As promised, here is another reminder that registration for the TD Five Boro Bike Tour (the world’s biggest charitable bike ride) opens on January 20th. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out! The Tour itself is May 3rd and is an amazing way to see New York. Visit www.bike.nyc for more information.
- Tired of the lousy coffee in your office break room? Do you want French Press quality Joe for your next camping trip but don’t want the mess? Then check out The Coffeebrewer which is a resealable packet of coffee contained in its own filter. Pour in hot water, reseal it, let it steep and then pour yourself piping hot coffee from its attached spout. Check it out at GrowersCup.com.
- Team Giant-Alpecin is now the third team in the pro peloton to use the Pioneer power meter system as their training tool. Pioneer is sponsoring the men’s and women’s cycling teams by outfitting each team’s race bicycles with the advanced dual-leg power meter crank sets and the SGX-CA500 Cycle-Computer. Team Giant-Alpecin’s 2015 season kicks off at The Tour Down Under in Australia on January 17th.
- Lazer sponsored racers are coming off a fabulous 2014 and are looking forward to great results in 2015. One of the first events is the 2015 Tour Down Under. Follow Lazer on Facebook for team updates and you’ll get first looks at contests for some lucky fans to win Lazer gear!
- The first annual Idaho Enduro Series kicks off Feb. 5, 2015 with the premier of “The Rise of Enduro” movie. The showing will be at the Basque Center, 601 W. Grove Street in Boise, Idaho. Besides screening the movie, they’ll be introducing the race series sponsors and unveiling the details of the Idaho Enduro Series. Tickets are $10 and include a raffle entry and beverage from Woodland Empire. Doors open at 6pm and the movie starts 7pm. The Idaho Enduro Series is a three event mountain bike race series that is open to riders of all abilities. The actual racing thankfully starts in May, when it’s a bit warmer.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More