- Battle Royale 2 – The Ultimate Bike Battle returns Saturday April 18th – England – The Morvélo Battle Royale was originally a one-off event. The response was so positive and the racing so exciting that they’re doing it again. Using a natural concrete oval in an abandoned old market in central Brighton, it pitched all types of riders and bikes against each other in a series of fast and furious knockout heats. The Circus Street Market is being redeveloped in June, so this will be the last time it can be held at this unique venue.
Much more including the finalists for the Bell Built Trail competition after the break!
- Cycle Through The Sunshine State this Fall with the STIHL Tour des Trees – Registration is now open for the 2015 STIHL Tour des Trees, an annual cycling event to benefit the Tree Research & Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund). America’s largest fundraiser for tree research and education, the 2015 Tour agenda includes tree plantings, children’s educational programs and community engagement activities. The 2015 Tour kicks off from Orlando on Oct. 25 and heads west, stopping overnight in Ruskin, Sarasota, Punta Gorda, Ft. Myers Beach, Everglades City and Miami and visiting dozens of other communities along the way. The ride concludes Oct. 31 in Ft. Lauderdale. The Tour’s seven-day itinerary showcases Florida’s iconic scenery and ecosystems and features a cycling experience tailored to environmental enthusiasts and a level of camaraderie that sets this ride apart from other charity fundraisers.
- Trek Travel Announces Portland to Portland Cross Country Bike Tour – Trek Travel is pleased to announce their second annual Portland to Portland Cross Country bicycling trip. This 45-day epic journey, covering 3700 miles, is the ultimate adventure for those who seek the great American road trip from the seat of a bike. This route is the second iteration of Trek Travel’s famous Cross Country USA bike tour, having done the southern route (from Santa Barbara, CA to Charleston, SC) since 2007. They are the industry experts in fully-supported cross country cycling experiences of a lifetime. trek travel.com
- One of a Kind Mixed-Terrain Organized Adventure Ride – Overland Base Camp is hosting the Maneha 250. This ride is the first mixed-terrain, organized, supported, bikepacking event in New England. The Maneha is a two-day one-night ride that covers 250 miles of the most diverse terrain in New England; everything from primitive goat trails to beautifully paved roads. Register at: bikereg.com/maneha-250
- Win a Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD road bike – The athlete nutrition experts at The Feed are giving away a Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD road bike to one lucky winner (valued at $7,500). Visit thefeed.com to register for the contest and be sure to check out their other deals.
- Three Winners in the Bikerumor/Vee Tire Survey Giveaway – Bikerumor.com will be partnering again with Vee Tire to give you the opportunity to win a set of tires. Be sure to check back and enter.
- Need a ride? This giveaway’s for you! – Pure Fix Cycles wants to hear your stories. Your goals. Your dreams. And why having a bike will help you get there. That’s it! (Well, not quite all of it. Check out “the rules” below if you’re into nitty-gritty-lawyer-details, but that’s the general idea). Check out the details at PureFixCycles.com.
- Win one week racing in the French alps or dolomites – Join the KICKR Challenge 2015. Get your KICKR out, download Kinomap Trainer or update it to 7.2 version or higher on your iOS device and get a subscription. Ride as fast as you can to win an entry to the Haute Route 2015. The 16 top riders in the ranking will be selected for the final. kinomap.com
Clothing – Gear – Tools
- L’etape Pave’ kit sale ends on April 15th! – This kit is a tribute to those who conquered the cobblestones: only men of steel can beat the granite cobblestones, or “le pavé as it is called in French. To order this great looking kit for yourself, go to letup.nl.
- K-EDGE sees strong growth in 4th quarter 2014 and 1st quarter 2015 – K-EDGE, the leader in cycling computer and camera mounts has seen a spike in sales over the past six months, with a record sales month in March 2015. With Pro Teams including Team SKY and Quick-Step Etixx choosing K-EDGE mounts and chain catchers for 2015 and trusting their computers and drive trains to these mounts in this weekend’s Paris Roubaix, K-EDGE is finding itself out front and the center of attention. For more information on K-Edge products visit AceCoSportGroup.com
- Dero Designs its First Steel Bike Locker for Secure Bike Parking – The Dero Bike Locker is bike security at its best and is ideal for long-term bike parking applications such as at transit hubs and college campuses. Whether it’s protection from weather or thieves, the Dero Bike Locker is a solid choice for long-term bicycle parking. More information at dero.com.
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition kicks off 2015 ‘Atlanta Streets Alive’ – The streets of Atlanta’s West End will spring to life on Sunday, April 19 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., as a 3.5-mile loop in the Historic West End is opened to people on foot, bike, and other human-powered activities, and closed to motorized traffic. Visit AtlantaStreetsAlive.com for more information about getting involved. Atlanta Streets Alive is an initiative of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition.
- Interbike Partners With ‘My City Bikes’ National App – Interbike, the largest bicycle industry trade show in North America, today announced a strategic partnership with My City Bikes, a national campaign of free localized mobile cycling apps. My City Bikes is the first and only public health campaign for beginner cyclists. More information about Interbike can be found at interbike.com.
- You won’t believe the new benefits IMBA members receive – Waiting for a reason to join IMBA or renew your membership? Now is the time—thanks to IMBA’s valued partners, members that sign up now are entered to win a Specialized Enduro Comp 650B mountain bike or a Western Spirit Cycling Adventures mountain bike trip of your choice. Learn more here and sign up now!
- CompetitiveCyclist.com offers store credit for Strava rides – Online retailer CompetitiveCyclist.com is encouraging its customers to link their store accounts to their Strava activity tracking accounts, and will award them $1 in store credit for each hour of riding recorded on Strava, up to $40 a month maximum. More information at competitivecyclist.com/strava.
- Find Bike Shops Wherever You Are – The BikeAid app is the global bike store locator. With thousands of bike stores listed globally, the power is in users’ pockets. It is available to download for free now at the Apple or Android app stores. Learn more at bikeaidapp.com
- Bell Built Semifinalists Announced! – Bell just announced the nine semifinalists for its Bell Built campaign. Do you live near one of these nine semifinalist trails? If so, then visit the Bell Built page and cast your vote for who gets the $100,000 grant. Only ONE grand prize winner chosen this year!