Race Across America
- Team Intrepid Fallen Heroes Wins 3,000-mile Biking “Race Across America” – Team Intrepid Fallen Heroes, a group of four elite amateur athletes, today won the four-person mixed-gender division of the 3,000-mile Race Across America (RAAM). Team Intrepid Fallen Heroes crossed the finish line in Annapolis, Maryland in just six days, 13 hours, and 49 minutes. The race started in Oceanside, California on June 20. With the support of individual donors and sponsors including UFC and JPMorgan Chase & Co., Team Intrepid Fallen Heroes raised more than $640,000 for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
4th of July Sales
- Culprit Bicycles 4th of July Sale – Culprit Bicycles is offering four specials until July 8th 2015.
1. Pre Order a RoaDi frameset (6061 Alloy Road disc frame, Full carbon steerer with 15 mm thru axle, Full carbon seat post, Culprit Full carbon stem, Full carbon road bar) headset for only $704*
2. Culprit Croz Blade frame + Token C55 disc wheel set for $2015 * (price includes frame, fork, post painted to order, TRP TTV rim brakes, TRP spyre disc brakes, Culprit jersey, torque wrench, carbon cage/bottle and a set of Token c55 disc brake/rim brake wheels.
3. Culprit Arrow One frame set for only $704* price is inclusive of frame, fork, seat post , headset, which is painted glossy carbon with the font in matte carbon
4. 10% off our junior road bikes. All models in stock including Junior One, Junior Two, S1 and S2 with the discount code of July4th.
More Sales & This Weekend’s Racing After the Break…
- Big 4th of July Savings On Lynskey, Osprey & Cateye Products at AMain.com – Sale ends July 6th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Use the Coupon Code JUL410 at checkout for 10% off of ANY order. Amain.com
- Turner Bikes 4th of July Celebration – Made in the USA! What better way to help celebrate this glorious country of ours then to buy an American-made Turner Bike. They have a few discounted 2014 models still available; Burner v3.0, Flux v3.0, Sultan v2.2, and DHR v5.0 ready to be your next American-made bike. Plus Free Shipping* on all bike purchases until July 10th! Turnerbikes.com
- Happy 4th of July from Pure Fix Cycles – Celebrate with Free Shipping on All Orders over $100. Promo ends July 5th. PureFixCycles.com
- Independence Day Sale from Fluid Sports Nutrition! – It’s summer time & it’s Independence Day baby. So liberate yourself from bad sports drinks and get some Fluid! Use code FREEDOM15 at checkout for 15% off everything. Sale applies to all items, July 2nd – July 9th! LiveFluid.com
- Commemorative Independence Day Chain Rings – Our friends at Aribike in Italy have created some limited edition cogs for XX1 and XX cassettes. Visit Aribike.it to order.
- Save 35% on Tour de France & Friends video bundle // 25% on selected videos – It’s Le Tour De France Time and The Sufferfest is having a sale. Le Tour de France is organized by Sufferfest partners ASO, who also run races like Paris-Roubaix, Paris-Nice and the Vuelta Espana. So, to celebrate the profound PAIN, MISERY and AGONY that ASO inflicts, they’ve got a massive sale on all of their videos featuring the Tour de France and other ASO races. Visit Sufferfest for more information on the video bundle.
Tour de France 2015
- Le Tour de France 2015 – This year’s Tour will start on Saturday July 4th in Utrecht, Netherlands. Visit NBCSports.com in the USA if you want to watch it live. Does Vincinzo Nibali (Astana) have the form to repeat as Tour Champion let alone end up on the podium in three weeks? It’s anybody’s guess. The official site of Le Tour is LeTour.com.
World Cup Racing
- UCI MTB World Cup DH – Lenzerheide, Switzerland makes its debut as host of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup. The track in the Swiss Alps is unknown territory for most of the riders and will be one of the most challenging stops in the mountain bike circuit this year. Watch the Downhill Finals live on RedBull.tv Saturday July 4th at 8:30 AM Eastern Time.
- UCI MTB World Cup Cross-Country – Lenzerheide, Switzerland will also host the XC races this Sunday. Can Yolanda Neff hold off her rivals on her hime soil and remain undefeated this season? Who will gain the points lead in the men’s race. Right now, it’s a virtual tie for first between Julien Absalon (BMC) and Jaroslav Kulhavy (Specialized). Right behind them is Nino Schurter (Scott-Odlo) who will be gunning for the win in his home country. Follow the action Live on Sunday morning on RedBull.tv.
- Global Bike Event Comes to North America: Urban Challenge – Starting July 25, 2015, the Brompton Urban Challenge comes to four U.S. and one Canadian city and sees contestants ride throughout their chosen location following a series of scavenger hunt clues. The 2015 Brompton Urban Challenge takes place in Oakland, CA; Minneapolis, MN and Washington D.C on July 25th, then in New York, NY August 16th and Toronto, Canada August 29th. Each event is organized or sponsored by a leading Brompton dealer including Bay Area Bikes in California; Calhoun Cycle in Minneapolis, MN and BicycleSPACE in Washington D.C. In New York the event is hosted by Brompton and supported by local dealers RedBeard and NYCewheels, while in Toronto, Curbside will manage the event. Brompton.com
- Blackberry Farm’s Pro-Am Classic – The 8th annual Blackberry Farm Fall Tour de Smokies event will now transition to the first annual Blackberry Farm Pro-Am Classic. Guests will spend three days riding with pros – George Hincapie, Craig Lewis, Robbie Ventura, and Christian Vande Velde. One of those three days will feature the competition elements for the Pro-Am Challenge, with four stages of competition – Circuit Race, Team Time Trial, King of the Mountain, and Sprint finish. The event will be September 20×23, 2015. Blackberry farm.com
- SRAM/JAM Grant Awarded to U23 CX National Champion – SRAM and the JAM Fund are excited to announce the newly created SRAM/JAM Young Women’s Cycling Grant. The grant’s first-ever recipient is Ellen Noble, who won the U23 Cyclocross National Championships in Austin in January. As part of the grant award, Noble will receive three SRAM groupsets for her upcoming cross season. In addition, SRAM is creating incentives for fund-raisers who plan to ride in the JAM Fund’s annual Grand FUNdo. Any rider who raises $500 or more to the JAM Fund before the non-profit’s July 25 Grand Fundo will be entered to win a SRAM Force 1 groupset with HRD. Those who raise $250 to $499 have a chance to win a pair of ZIPP 30 wheels. All of these fund-raisers are given free entry to the ride and are invited to a V-I-P dinner on Friday, July 24 with Powers and special guests where prize winners will be announced. Registration for the Grand Fundo and donations to JAM Fund can be made online at bikereg.com/jam-fund-grand-fundo.
- New LIFERS Video Released – Check out this week’s recap of the Seasons Collection. For Week 4, we headed to Los Angeles to visit lifers like Steve Berra, Ray Barbee, Grant Brittain, and Danny Way.
- Stages Cycling Dealer Demo Program – Riders can visit a participating Stages dealer for a demo ride. Should they then purchase a meter we’ll throw in some free Stages Cycling schwag with proof of purchase. To kick off the program, Stages will donate $10 to the non-profit People for Bikes for every documented dealer demo ride now through July 20th. Note: the Dealer Demo program varies from region to region, globally, and the program described is only available in North America. Visit StagesCycling.com for more information.
- Win a Lezyne Mini GPS Unit from Art’s Cyclery – You still have a few days left to take the survey to be entered into the drawing for a new Lezyne Mini GPS unit from Art’s Cyclery. You can find the survey here.