- Enter Into the New BH Dimension – Interactively discover what riding the new BH Lynx 4.8 Carbon is like from your Smartphone or Tablet in three easy steps: 1- Download the free CLICKar app by clicking on Apple Store or Play Store. 2- Open it and scan the image. 3- Put yourself into the skin of BH Gravity Team riders. BHBikes.com
- Camelbak acquired for $412 million – BikeBiz reported earlier this week that Vista Outdoor, a designer, manufacturer and marketer in the outdoor sport and recreation market, has purchased the brand. More on the acquisition at bikebiz.com.
- Surly Will Not Be Exhibiting at Interbike….Sort Of – Surly has made the decision for 2015 to not attend Interbike in the same fashion to which you have all become accustomed. Surly is going to be taking more road trips in the coming year so they can visit their friends and bring them beer. Not having a space at Interbike will allow them to fund these trips to visit with their dealers and the bike riding public at large. They’re incredibly stoked to finally realize this change in strategy, plus, they’ll still have some of our staff and product at the show in the QBP booth so we can talk bikes with our dealers. SurleyBikes.com
- How Tour De France Weight Regulations Will Make Your Next Bicycle Better – The regulations set by the UCI regarding bike weight means that advances made by the bicycle manufacturers and pro teams are changing the sport for the rest of us. Read the full article at Forbes.com.
- Michelin Introduces Mountain Biking Ambassador Program – Michelin has launched a new ambassador program for its mountain bike tire segment aimed at helping enthusiasts see the trail ahead through the eyes of a pro. Michelin is launching the program with five ambassadors who are all certified instructors through the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). These ambassadors will support Michelin mountain bike tires by demonstrating the products’ performance during instruction classes and their personal riding experiences. Each ambassador will share those experiences with the broader mountain biking community by sharing through Michelin’s social media channels, attending grassroots events with Michelin and producing instructional videos. Scott Givens (Phoenix, Ariz.), Jason Liebrecht (San Diego, Calif.), Shaums March (Sumas, Wash.), Brad Moskowitz (Waterburry Center, Vt.) and Kat Sweet (Issaaquah, Wash.) comprise the first five Michelin MTB Ambassadors. Here’s the full Press Release
- Trek Travel Announces New Trips for 2016 – Trek Travel, a leader in personalized cycling vacations, will feature seven new destinations for their 2016 season. In North and South America, Asheville, North Carolina; Glacier National Park, in Montana; and the Chile Lakes and Volcanoes district, will be highlighted. In Europe, cyclists can explore Italy’s Piedmont region; Portugal; and the Canary Islands. And, aggressive riders will appreciate a new journey featuring France’s Annecy to Alpe d’Huez route. For further information on all trips contact Trek Travel at 1-866-464-8735 or visit trektravel.com
- Get in NOW for Early Bird Pricing for the Twin Lights Ride – You only have a few more hours to take advantage of early-bird pricing for the Twin Lights Ride on September 27th in Highlands, New Jersey! After 11:59PM EST on Friday night, registration will go up $10, to $75 for adults and $55 for youths under the age of 14. There are a lot of really good reasons why you should come ride bikes with them in the land of The Boss.
- Trips for Kids Cycling Kits Available – Trips for Kids of Western North Carolina provides mountain bike outings and environmental education to youth who would otherwise not have the opportunity. They are doing one last order of cycling kits this year. If you want to look good and represent TFK WNC while you ride then order yours today. These are race cut male or female so you may want to order a size larger than usual. Jerseys is $65 and Bib Shorts are $70. tripsforkidswnc.com
- DAHON Bikes: Speed Folding Challenge – Are you fast enough? All you need to do is film yourself folding your DAHON brand bike from its fully unfolded position to fully folded. We’ll be picking winners from 3 categories to win a DAHON worth US$999! For more details visit Dahon.com
- UCI Mountain Bike World Cup: Mont-Saint-Anne Canada – This Saturday August 1st, Mont-Sainte-Anne plays host to the world’s best downhillers as they tackle one of the most recognizable tracks in the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup calendar. It also happens to be the venue with the longest world cup history. Can a fully recovered Steve Smith win again in front of his home crowd? Or can veteran Sam Hill and Manon Carpenter make it two in a row on Canadian soil? On Sunday, check out the Cross Country racing. RedBull.tv
- KMC Cyclocross Festival – The seventh annual KMC Cyclo-Cross Festival Presented by Maxxis will be held October 2nd – 4th, 2015 at Roger Williams Park in Providence, RI. The event will feature UCI Category 1 cyclo-cross racing, clinics, expo, the New England Builders’ Ball, the Greater Providence YMCA Kidzone, and Gran Fondo New England. For more information visit providencecrossfest.com