UCI Road Worlds
- Richmond 2015 has put out a Mobile App to Follow this Weekends UCI Road Worlds – Don’t miss a moment of the 2015 UCI Road World Championships with the official mobile app, Richmond 2015. The app combines live video, interactive mapping, event schedules, official results, photo feeds, event previews, and more. The app was designed to keep you close to the action, even if you don’t make the trek to Virginia. The mobile app is available for download now for both iOS and Android. Read on past the break for more updates on worlds, including a link to live streaming…
More from Worlds
- Live Stream the Women’s and Men’s Elite Race over the Weekend – Even without the app, you can still watch the elite World Championship races over at Richmond 2015’s website. The elite women will be racing on Saturday, September 26 from 1-5 pm Eastern. The elite men take off the next day on Sunday, September 27 from 12-4:30 pm. Watch live at Richmond2015.com/live.
- Visit Zwift and Tissot in Richmond to Ride a Digital Version of the Course & Maybe Win a Watch – Fans that come to try out the Zwift trainer stations in the Tissot booth at the 2015 Richmond World Championships can ride a digital version of the Richmond race course and enter to win a premium Tissot watch. Swiss watchmaker Tissot, the Official Timekeeper of Worlds is partnering with online fitness entertainment company Zwift to offer cyclists everywhere the chance to race a virtual version of the same 10-mile championship course as the pro cyclists. For more about the weekend’s goings-on, check out Richmond2015.com or find them on Facebook.
Clothing, Gear, and More
- Earn a Free Specialized Bottle, Again from Zwift – To everyone already out Zwifting around the Richmond course, there are just a few days left to get ahold of an exclusive Specialized Zwift water bottle (offer ends Sunday, September 27). All you need to do is: 1. Get in an ride with Zwift. Just hit “t” on your keyboard and customize your avatar with the Specialized Kit and Specialized Bike (Zwift partnered with Specialized so you can virtually ride a 2016 Venge ViAS or Allez); 2. Complete at least one lap of the Richmond Course; and 3. Post your screenshot to Twitter or Instagram with #iroderichmond #iamspecialized @gozwift.
- Get some of ZJay’s POST-ride, POST-shower relief after a Long Day in the Saddle – The folks at ZJay’s Soothers sent us a coupon code after we visit them at Interbike’s Outdoor Demo and were kind enough to let us share it for our Round Up readers as well. So here you go: 50% off their post-ride saddle sore ointment. Just enter the code in the last checkout step while entering your payment details. Have a look at what they have to offer at ZJaysSoothers.com. Coupon code: INTERBIKE2015
- Afghan Cycles has a New documentary out about Women Riding in Afghanistan – “In Afghanistan, being born a girl can mean the difference between life and death. The feature documentary Afghan Cycles follows a new generation of young Afghan women pedaling their own revolution, aggressively challenging gender and cultural barriers using the bicycle as a vehicle for freedom and social change.” They’ve setup a Kickstarter campaign to raise money to finish the film. Find out more at AfghanCycles.com.
- H+I Adventure Mountain Bikers Return to Nepal for the First Time Since April’s Devastating Earthquake – Next month, H+I Adventures will return to the Himalayas for the first time since Nepal’s April 2015 earthquake. Continuing to support and promote Nepal’s local tourism industry is a priority for the award-winning mountain bike tour company. Through their 12 day mountain biking holiday in Nepal, riders get to experience some of the world’s most breathtaking climbs, technical descents, fast and flowing singletrack, and the most spectacular views from the roof of the world. The next trip departs October 5, 2015, with the following one starting February 29, 2016. Find out more about their Nepalese-guided trip and other places they go at MountainBikeWorldwide.com