- Hit the berms with the Pros at Ray’s with Redline Flight School – Learn from Redline BMX pros tomorrow at Ray’s in Cleveland. Get tips from Olympians Sam & Alise on how they’ve gotten so fast, then gain knowledge from Jason Carnes who’s mastered 30 years racing in the Pro circuit. Check out the details at: RaysMTB.com/RedlineAtRays
- Explore the southern giants in Chile and Patagonia – The mountain biking experts of H+I Adventures just launched a new tour in South America. The 12-day bike trip includes bamboo singletrack and native araucaria trees, and trail riding across petrified lava fields and snow-covered volcanoes. The first running starts next November, so give them a look. MountainBikeWorldwide.com
- Border-to-Border across Swaziland to help the orphans of AIDS – The Young Heroes Foundation (YHF) announced their plans for Swazi Cycle VI, its sixth annual bicycle trip through the beautiful, peaceful African kingdom of Swaziland. The trip will take place from May 18-30, with the goal of raising $100,000 for better nutritional, medical, and vocational training programs for youth orphaned by AIDS. YoungHeroes.org.sz
Last Minute Gifts
- Holiday Deals from The Feed – Wanna get a $10 credit to The Feed? Just gift any box or gift card worth $30 or more to your favorite cyclist between now and Christmas and you’ll get a $10 store credit to spend on yourself. Which means, of course, that you should gift yourself something, too. Hit up their link here over to TheFeed.com.
- Stuff a stocking with an Eriksen Bike Drawing ticket – The 2016 Tour de Steamboat Bike Giveaway is back with a 1 in 400 chance to win, with the proceeds going to support four Steamboat non-profits: Partners in Routt County
Routt County Riders, Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide, and Yampa Valley Sustainability Council. The Grand prize, a $7500 Eriksen Cycle with second prize being a New Belgium Cruiser. Buy your $50 ticket in person now in Steamboat and get a Tour de Steamboat water bottle and towel to gift the ticket in. TourDeSteamboat.com
- Get in the spirit of Winter Biking with Rapha – Last weekend it was Braver Than the Elements. The next event waiting in the wings is Rapha’s Festive 500, an annual challenge to ride 500+km over the eight days between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Since 2010, riders have been pedaling of Christmas dinners and escaping holiday stress to get in some winter base miles when work demands tend to be lower. Complete the distance and document it on social media to win prizes and the adulation of your fans.
- Pre-ride Stage 3 next years Tour of California with 6th Annual L’etape California – Thousands of amateurs will Jens Voigt and Freddie Rodriguez from Thousand Oaks to the Gibraltar Road summit finish to preview the course stage 3 on April 24, 2016 three weeks ahead of the Amgen Tour. Registration is open now with pricing from $110 for early birds through January 8. AmgenTourOfCalifornia.com