- Were you as stoked to watch NASA‘s Rover ‘Curiosity’ land on Mars as we were? Thanks to the expertise of Tennessee’s American Bicycle Group, makers of Litespeed bicycles, the rover has fancy Titanium legs to transverse the red planet.
- Want to win a free entry to CrossVegas during Interbike? Goto Chamois Buttr’s FB page and post your favorite cycling photo. One lucky winner will be selected. Deadline to post your photo is Monday, August 13th, 1pm Central Time.
- Dirtball Fashion is presenting a new 3 race series in NC called Pedal 2 The People in conjunction with IMBA and SORBA and sponsored by Monster Energy Drinks. A prize package worth $10,000 will be awarded over the 3 races to be held Aug. 25th in Leland, NC; Sept. 15th in New Hill, NC; and Oct. 13th in Greenville, NC.
- NAHBS has secured a venue and host hotel for it’s 2013 show in Denver, CO
- The Bay Area’s largest bike festival, Pedalfest, will be held Saturday, August 18th, at Oakland’s Jack London Square. This celebration of bikes has something for everyone including the world famous Whiskey Drome.
- Get Your Guts In Gear (GYGIG) is a multi-day cycling event held September 7-9th throughout the Midwest to raise money and awareness for Crohn’s disease.
- The National Bike Challenge reached it’s goal of 10,000,000 miles ridden three whole weeks before the end of the online competition. Congrats to all who participated!
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More