- CXMagazine reports that #Louisville2013FoamParty is now a reality. Website here, help support this free event here…Jeremy Powers still might DJ…
- The Human Race’s Kinetica Spring Ballbuster duathalon will be March 2nd in Box Hill, Surrey, UK.
- The Southern Cross race at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA, is Saturday, February 16th! Register by February 5th to guarantee you’ll get one of their awesome race t-shirts. Online registration ends February 13th at 11:45pm EST – there will be NO registration at the race venue. 5-Hour Energy is sending Paco Mancebo and Max Jenkins to race and will present the rest of the team and Directeur Sportif Frankie Andreu at the post-race festivities which includes food, beer, prizes and lots of (tired) fun. Southern Cross is also the first race of the American Ultra Cross Championship Series.
- Please help the League of American Bicyclists by taking a quick survey on bicycle advocacy in your area.
- Ever made a judgement call and either got caught in the rain or bailed on a ride only to miss gorgeous weather? Nooly is a new weather app that dials down your local conditions tighter than others, so you can see what’s really coming (or going) and ensure your rides coincide better with Mother Nature’s whims. It claims to predict the exact time and place the weather will hit. We’ve played with it, and the controls could use a bit more fine tuning, but looks promising. And it’s free.
- The Red Bull Rampage 2010 and a making-of style documentary Danny MacAskill’s Way Back Home are now streaming on Netflix via your favorite device. If you only have about eight minutes before the boss comes looking, watch the regular Way Back Home video here…but seeing the amount of work they put into building each little stunt in the documentary is worthwhile. It literally takes a day or two of work to capture 10 seconds of awesome.
- Please help Theo, Josh, and Alex – three seventh graders from Memphis, TN – collect data for their entry for an online science and engineering competition. They’ve developed a crowd-sourced bike recommendation system called The Right Bike, to help people find, well, the right bike! Please help them expand their database of bikes by filling out this form with general information about any bike, and then fill out this survey after you’ve had a chance to play with their website. Thank you!
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More