- Join the folks at JOMONOLA on their ride from Joplin, MO, to New Orleans, LA, this summer as they try to raise money to get at least 3 families whose homes were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, the F5 Joplin Tornado, and Superstorm Sandy, back into their homes. This fully supported ride is June 20-29th and riders are expected to raise at least $2,500 to participate. Not interested in participating? Donate here.
- This year’s Philly Bike Expo will be held at the Philadelphia Convention center. The Nov. 9-10th event, presented by Bilenky Cycle Works, is in it’s 4th year and has already outgrown it’s original location!
- Give a listen to this very interesting and informative discussion on the USAC Stance on UCI Rule 1.2.019 on The Dirt with Drew Edsall on Mountain Bike Radio. Contributors include Ty Kady Manager of the Sho-Air team, Austin McInerny Executive Director of NICA, and Mike McCormack the organizer of the Breck Epic. This is a followup to the first episode in which Scott Tedro, Owner of the Sho-Air team, calls in.
- Speaking of NICA: Singletrack High, a documentary showcasing the positive impact of the high school mountain biking movement, will have a screening at The Sea Otter Classic on April 20th at 7:30pm at the Golden State Theater. Tickets and info here.
- Sea Otter attendees that test ride a Culprit Croz Blade or Arrow One can get 15% off a complete frameset custom made in their choice of colors, spec and size if they order within 7 days of their demo.
- SE Bikes has their new flip book up called SE in the OC. Check out some sweet photos of their sponsored riders in action.
- Some movies are just better on the big screen – Where The Trail Ends is now showing in theaters throughout the US.
- The Breck Epic organizers have announced the launch of the Eagle Outside Festival in Eagle, CO. The event will be held May 11-12th and will include the 1st Annual Rocky Mountain Bike and Outdoor Expo, the inaugural Firebird MTB Race and women’s only Firebird la Femme (both non-USAC sanctioned), the “Mother of a Half-Marathon,” and more outside events and Mother’s Day activities. Contact Mike McCormack for info on bringing your brand to the Expo.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More