- Twin Six has released a sweet new t-shirt in collaboration with PedalMN (<–a great website!) The On Your Left t-shirt is available now for $24.
- Zoic and Performance Bike are hosting a pit stop for Bike To Work day today. Stop by their San Diego HQ (11675 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA 92121) from 6-10am for a free t-shirt, food and drinks – and 3 lucky commuters will have their old commuting duds traded out for a new set.
- Have a Bike To Work Day event? Post it in the Comments Section of this article.
- Gold Bond has announced their No Mess Powder Spray for odor and wetness protection – perfect timing for our bike commuters.
- The League of American Bicyclists has some great statistics on the rise of bike commuters in the United States. Commuting by bike has increased by 47% in the US (!) with designated “Bicycle Friendly Communities” seeing an 80% increase!
- Bicycling Magazine announced a Bike To Work Week photo contest. Instagram a photo from your commute and tag it with #bicyclingcommute and @bicyclingmag by June 1st. The photo that “best celebrates and promotes bike commuting” will win a Shinola Bixby commuter bike.
- Teacher Andrew Sufficool is riding his bike across America this summer to raise money for Southeastern Guide Dogs. His trek will take him from Bar Harbor, Maine, to Seattle, Washington. Check out his progress, make a donation, or find out how to join him here.
- Cyclist Patrick Sluyter still needs your donation to help him get to the Deaflympics this summer. He’s not quite halfway there – let’s help him get to Bulgaria so he can represent the USA!
- Après Vélo has collaborated with American designer Eleanor Grosch to release six new retro t-shirt designs in celebration of the 100th Tour de France. They go on sale mid-June. A preview of four of the designs below, click on the image to see it bigger:
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More