- What’s more fun than riding a bike? Riding your bike with Monkey Light Pro bike lights! Support their Kickstarter campaign and get an early bird price of $695, retail will be $895. Price too steep for you? The MonkeyLight M232 is only $74, with less programming options, but still fun and available now, and all are made in California, USA.
- People for Bikes reminds us that Bike month isn’t over yet – continue the celebration by snapping a pic to win a Joe Tern C21 folding bike and $250 in Nau apparel, also, show your commitment to the cause by drinking some New Belgium Fat Tire and Ranger IPA with the People For Bikes logo proudly displayed on the label.
- The Mayor of Memphis Tennessee has announced a major initiative to bring Memphis into the 21st Century with plans to build 15 miles of protected bike lanes.
- 88 Bikes Foundation will unveil its mobile photo gallery this weekend during the opening party of MountainFilm in Telluride, CO. On display will be 900 photos of women and girls who have survived human trafficking receiving their bicycles at the “Moment of Happy.”
- Scott is sponsoring the Deep Summer Photo Challenge at Whistler Crankworx, and in addition to working with the 6 chosen photographers for the event, plans to award prizes to spectators who tag their photos @bikeonscott via Twitter and Instagram. PS- the sixth photographer for the event is yet to be chosen on PinkBike and could be YOU.
- Yuba Bicycles is celebrating their new HQ in Petaluma, CA, by inviting you to their housewarming party May 31st starting at 6pm. Food and drink, test rides, prizes, and a Kidical Mass at 7pm are a few of the things planned for the family-friendly event.
- The 2013 California Coast Classic Bicycle Tour will be held this September 28 – October 5th and benefits the Arthritis Foundation. The full-service tour starts in San Francisco and ends in Los Angeles and is open to beginner and experienced riders.
- Steamboat Springs, CO, has announced the inaugural Enduro-X race series. Scheduled for June 15-16, and August 17-18, the races will feature Steamboat bike park terrain and the mountain’s single-track.
- Interbike has announced that they will host the final USA CRITS series race Sept. 19th on the grounds of the convention center.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More