- The League of American Bicyclists has initiated an Action Alert to help stop Senator Rand Paul’s amendment to last year’s Transportation Bill that diverts all alternative transportation funding to bridge repair -which, according The League, is not a big enough amount to really help with bridge repair, and only hurts the efforts our cities and towns have made towards safe transportation alternatives. Use their easy form to tell your representatives how you feel about Sen. Paul’s amendment.
- First Descents is in the top ten of the North Face Explore Fund competition and want you to vote them into the top 5 so they can win a $25,000 grant to continue their good deeds. You can vote once a day until July 31st.
- The 2013 California Coast Classic Bicycle Tour will be September 28- October 5th. This full-service tour takes you through the scenic California coastline from San Francisco to LA, and will benefit the Arthritis Foundation.
- The Hellhole Gravel Grind Stage Race will be September 27-29th in Francis Marion National Forest outside of Charleston, SC. Click here to register.
- If you would like to win a free entry to the 2014 Trans-Sylvania Epic and help support Pennsylvania mountain bike trail construction, email The Outdoor Experience to purchase a $10 raffle ticket.
- In honor of the last week of le Tour, DeFeet invites you to save 20% off their socks and apparel through Sunday, July 28th, with the coupon code TDF13.
- Honey Stinger will soon be offering a kids’ size version of their popular honey and chocolate flavored organic waffles. These “pint” sized versions will have an MSRP of $0.89.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More