- The Outsider: Graeme Obree’s Story is a new documentary about Graeme Obree, the Flying Scotsman, and his quest to break the Human Powered Land Speed Record (a teaser is shown above.) The film is in its final stages and needs your help to continue. If you support them with 33£ you can get access to the digital download of the movie when it’s completed.
- Exciting news: the National Park Service has enacted a special regulation allowing bicycle use on NPS trials in the New River Gorge National River in West Virginia. The new regulation goes into effect at the end of January 2014 and effects over 65 miles of trails with an additional 40 miles to be constructed. This could pave the way for the opening of more NPS trails across the US. Current cycling trails open at New River Gorge are listed here.
- Doc’s Skincare’s all-natural chamois cream, embrocations and cycling ointments are up on IndieGoGo. No, it’s not a new product, they’re just trying to raise a little coin to grow the business. In return for helping fuel their dream, they’re offering some ridiculous deals on their products. We’ve tried them and like them, particularly for the quality natural ingredients, and now you can stock up while supporting a small brand. Check it all out here.
- Registration is OPEN for the 2014 NAHBS event to be held this year in Charlotte, NC. The March 14-16 event is filling up with exhibitors and will see the return of the Japan Bicycle Promotion Institute.
- The 2014 Recumbent Cycle-Con will be Oct. 1-12 in St. Charles, Illinois.
- Turner Bicycles is auctioning a 2014 Turner Flux 27.5 to raise money for the SoCal High School Cycling League. Winner of the auction gets to choose size and color. Bidding is currently at $2,325 for the bike whose retail value with components is $5,499.
- SWOBO and Bicycle Times have announced the launch of a 5-part video series featuring inspirational characters in the cycling industry called Movers and Makers. The first video is about Christopher Igleheart.
- Emmaline Bride has come up with a list of bicycle-themed wedding ideas to help you plan your big day in style.
- Big Poppi Bicycle Company, our winner in the Bikerumor Bike Shop Video Challenge, has been named one of America’s Best Bike Shops of 2013 by the National Bicycle Dealer’s Association.
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More