- George Hincapie and Hincapie Sportswear have designed a military themed cycling kit for Operation Shifting Gears. All proceeds from sales of the desert camo printed kit (shown at right) will be donated back to OSG.
- SkinStrong – maker of anti-chafing and sunscreen products – has partnered with the AYFA Foundation to deliver sunscreen to relief workers in the Philippines.
- Velosurance will now be including e-bikes in it’s cycling insurance program.
- Michelin cycling tires has launched a new North American website.
- Danish bearings company CeramicSpeed plans to move into the US market.
- Recon Instruments has announced a new OS and apps for Android and iOS that make it possible for users of their Heads-Up equipped snowsports/downhill goggles to connect to Facebook to post status, see comments, etc. while they’re on the mountain. Forget earbuds to distract you – someone just tagged you in their photo!
- Rachel Bee wants to publish a book about Vancouver bicycle culture, it’s history, the bikes and their riders. Join her kickstarter campaign and order your copy that will contain visual proof that there’s more to Vancouver’s cycling culture than just the fixie kids in tight jeans hanging out downtown.
- Bicycling Magazine took bike locks to the task in their latest issue, and posted a video showing how they broke into them. Click here to watch the destruction!
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More