- Halo Belt 2.0, seen above, has been successfully funded on Kickstarter and is still taking orders for it’s USB charged glowing belts in an effort to reach $100,000 so they can redesign the belt to be 100% waterproof. They even have a Halo Belt Mini for your dog’s collar.
- Stolen Bikes.UK is celebrating their 2nd year in operation and the recovery of 140 stolen bikes by offering you a chance to win £500 to spend in a local (UK) bike shop or one of two Hiplok D’s. Enter to win on their FB page.
- John Moss, the founder of Stolen Bikes.UK, was inspired to create the site two years ago when his own bike was stolen. Now, he is trying to close the bike theft circle with an additional website called Check That Bike! – for buyers of used bikes to make sure the bike they are going to buy is not stolen.
- BuddyBike is pleased to announce that 10 of their bikes will be given away in the Great Bike Giveaway through the Friendship Circle. See the stats on all of the adaptive bikes in the giveaway and consider donating so more special needs children can enjoy the freedom of riding a bike!
- Bicycle Retailer reports that Bob Stapleton, former owner of the Highroad cycling team, has bought Mad Fiber wheel’s intellectual property assets.
- The 24 Hours of Booty is returning for its third year in Philadelphia, kicking off on Friday, June 27th. Check the website for more 24 Hours of Booty locations.
- BMC has recalled it’s Stromer Electric Bicycles due to possible fork failure. See their website for more details. (Kudos to them for having fork recall information on the front page!)
- Tomorrow is World Water Day and in celebration PureFix Cycles is giving away $100 to charity: water for every Uniform or Yankee bike sold.
- The 2014 USA Pro Challenge is looking for you to design their official commemorative poster. Enter your submission via their FB page through May 2nd.
- Bell Helmets has announced the 12 finalists for they IMBA-Bell Built grants. Voting is open to the public April 7th – May 18th on their FB page.
- Looking for a smaller grant, from $400-$1000, to finish a project on your local trails or pump track? IMBA has just opened its Small Grant Program for applications. Deadline is May 30th.
- Domahidy Designs‘ Kickstarter Campaign has just five days to go, so he’s upped the ante to help close it successfully. What’s new? How ’bout a 650B bike as an option and a full lifetime warranty on all frames. He’s also added Small and XS sizes for the 650B frames, helping fit more folks.
Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits & Pieces
Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More