Training & Nutrition
- Bike Pure Release Ethics Brochure – Bike Pure today launch it’s publication titled “Rebuilding Ethics in Cycle Sport: A Guide for Riders, Parents and Coaches”. The 44 page full colour brochure is aimed at educating both riders, coaches and parents of cyclists on the importance of sporting ethics, integrity, sportsmanship and anti-doping. This free guide is available to be shipped in hard copy format from bikepurestore.org or as a direct PDF download from bikepure.org.
- New training software to help coaches and student-athletes across the country – TrainingPeaks has announced a partnership with the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) to provide world-class online training software and educational content to help interscholastic mountain bike team coaches succeed. For more information on NICA visit nationalmtb.org or call (510) 524-5464.
Clothing, Gear and Tools
- DeFeet brings the art of Greig Leach and the wonderous Paris-Roubaix bicycle classic to their Aireator socks – Greig Leach inspires and amazes enthusiasts world wide with his artwork. In addition to his prints, Leach has compiled books with his cycling creations, such as the Book de Tour, art of the Tour de France, in 2014. To order your pair of Aireator Greig Leach Paris-Roubaix Special socks, visit DeFeet.com.
- Kinetic Releases Major inRide Upgrade – Kinetic has announced the launch of a major update to its inRide power training app. The update includes new home-screen graphics, improved guided workouts, direct social media sharing, and real-time workout graphing. The app update is currently live and is available for download from the iTunes store now.
- Share Your Strider Stories – “STRIDER® Bikes Rule!” is an international video contest which invites families to submit creative videos featuring the STRIDER experience. Participants will compete for 10 cash prizes ranging from $500 – $5,000, plus a $250 product voucher, for a total prize package of over $20,000! Entries must be original, high-definition video, and will be accepted by e-mail to Strider Sports. For the complete set of rules and how to enter, please visit striderbikes.com/blog/.
- USA Pro Challenge Offers fans the chance to design the comparative poster – The Facebook contest encourages everyone from amateurs to established professionals to join in on the fun and submit designs via the USA Pro Challenge Facebook page starting March 26, 2015. Entries will be accepted until Friday, April 24, 2015, after which fans can vote on their favorite poster through May 1st, 2015. The Winner will be announced on May 10th, 2015.
- Check That Bike, Find That Bike and Stolen Bikes UK – With more bikes on the road than ever and increasingly expensive bikes out there, bicycles have become an easy and lucrative target for thieves. Sadly with more bicycles stolen than ever before, what steps can you take to report, track and hopefully retrieve your bike? The first step should always be to report the crime to the Police but what options are open to you after this?
– Check That Bike! – checkthatbike.co.uk In order to make a theft worthwhile, the thief needs to sell the stolen bike. Check That Bike! is a service that collects frame numbers of stolen bikes from police forces, insurers and property registers allowing members of the public and the industry to conduct checks against the database free of charge. Over the last year the service has identified over 2,000 suspected stolen bikes and grown to become the largest free to use stolen bike database in the UK.
– Find That Bike! – findthatbike.co.uk Thieves often utilize online classified sites like Gumtree and eBay to sell stolen bikes, Find That Bike! assists bike theft victims by pulling all the bike adverts from a number of classifieds sites into a single easy to search picture gallery. The service is used 50,000 times a month and sends daily alerts to 1,000’s of bike theft victims across the UK.
– Stolen Bikes UK – stolen-bikes.co.uk This service is aimed at helping victims of theft spread word about their stolen bikes, by offering advice and guidance immediately following a theft we can help victims maximize the chances of seeing their pride and joy again.
- You’re invited to America’s greatest century! – You’re invited to join Trek for an epic ride through America’s Heartland for the country’s best fully-supported organized ride, the 26th Annual Trek 100 Ride for Hope. The scenic 100-, 62-, 36-, and 19-mile routes provide options for riders of all abilities. No matter the distance, every mile counts and every ride ends with a cold beer at Trek headquarters. Register for Trek 100 today!
- Swift Campout 2015, Calling Bicycle Adventurers Worldwide – Bicycle bag manufacturing company Swift Industries announces Swift Campout, a branding event calling adventure cyclists to participate with hundreds of localized bike-overnights on a single unified weekend. Swift Industries will be mapping Swift Campout participant locations, celebrating with prizes and gathering Camp Journals, Swift Campout Films, and route sharing through the company website launching on April 5th, 2015.
- Yonder Journal presents Dead Reckoning – New Zealand – In 2015, Yonder Journal will investigate, ascertain, and document the peripheries and possibilities of exploration by bicycle. they’re calling this project Dead Reckoning*. At it’s core they will apply the technologies and methodologies of adventure biking, bike-packing, and ultra-lightweight touring, to multi-day expeditions with a focus on going Over Mountain, the concept of Over Mountain being the the most essential and transformative form of human exploration. Visit yonderjournal.com to learn more about the full trip.
- Ultimate Urban Cycling Competition – this weekend in Melbourne – The 23rd Cycle Messenger World Championships begins tomorrow and culminates in the championship race on Sunday between the best bike messengers in the world. Kryptonite is the Exclusive Lock Sponsor and will be on hand showing off their new Messenger Collection. The Messenger Collection is available this season and includes a selection of products that are designed by messengers to meet the needs of cyclists worldwide. Kryptonitelock.com
- Meanwhile in New Zealand – 2015 Anzac Singlespeed Champs – Entry for the Anzac Singlespeed Championships is open until Sunday April 12. Register at rotoruasinglespeed.com. And, everyone who enters by Sunday April 12 will get free entry into the next 100th Anniversary Anzac Singlespeed Championships in 2115. Hopefully you’ll be around to use your entry. (Just so you know, this release was sent to Bikerumor on April 1st)
- Chefs Cycle 300 miles in three days for No Kid Hungry – 50 chefs in total are going to be riding (coming together even in the highly competitive chef/restaurant arena), some from NYC to Washington DC the weekend of June 7-9, and then the other crew June 14-16 out on the west coast from Santa Barbara to San Diego in order to raise money to end childhood hunger in the U.S. They will be riding 300 miles each in just 3 days! For more information visit ChefsCycle.org.
- Pure Fix is giving away bikes to people in need! – Pure Fix Cycles is giving away two bikes at the end of May, and all you have to do to apply is submit a short video that tells their story and how a new bike would improve your life. They’ve done a lot of charitable collaborations over the years but wanted to finally start something on their own to make riding a reality for folks who might otherwise not have a bike available. That’s how their “Need a ride?” giveaway was born. To enter, visit PureCityCycles.com.
- Small Business Revolution – Litespeed & Quintana Roo – Deluxe Corporation is celebrating their 100th year anniversary by commissioning a team of award-winning filmmakers and photojournalists to capture 100 inspiring stories of small businesses across America. American Bicycle Group was chosen to be part of this revolution and we are one of the top 100 small businesses in America! Over the next four (4) days, our story will be told through photo essays via social media and the Small Business Revolution website.