- Celebrate new gear with Kitsbow & win in Obsessives #Roadventure Giveaway – To go along with the launch of their new road collection, Kitsbow has teamed up with 10 co-sponsors to create the Obsessives #Roadventure Giveaway. The prizes are the ultimate kit for your #roadventure. Among other items, winners will receive: Kitsbow road kit, a Santa Cruz Stigmata CC frame, a SRAM Red CX drivetrain, Strava Pro membership, a Smith Overtake helmet, and more. Check it out and sign up before Apr 15 Kitsbow.com…
- 12 Hours of Iron Maiden tomorrow – Who cares if it is last minute. You are totally up for it; it’s a holiday weekend, so what else do you have planned? Their longest race of the year kicks off this Saturday, and a perfect day of sunshine and warm temps is in the forecast. Head down to the flowy trails at Tannehill in McCalla, AL and get in a good day of racing on the mountain bike. ChainBusterRacing.com
- Join Southeast Endurance in April for the Harbison 100 Marathon XC – The grassroots Southeast Endurance Project team is hosting the 100km marathon cross country race in Columbia, SC on April 16th. Come out to Harbison State Forest to join in a tough race with serious competition, as they tune up 6 weeks ahead of the US Marathon XC National Championships down the road in Augusta, GA on June 4th. Details on their Facebook.
- 6 days left to help the Great Bike Giveaway dole out up to 600 bikes to special needs kids – The Great Bike Giveaway 2016 by The Friendship Circle closes Wed, Mar 30. So far 100 adaptive bicycles are being given away. There are only 6 more days to raise enough funds so ALL the kids can receive bikes. Support this great mission by donating any amount, casting your votes, and spreading the word. FriendshipCircle.org
- 2016 nomination open for the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame – Each year the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame accepts nominations for annual inductees, as five new members can be recognised each year. Up until the Apr 15 deadline, MMBHoF wants to hear who we think has had a lasting impact on the sport. MMBHoF.org
- Women get your trail on with 14 Trek Dirt Series camps this year – North America’s first, longest-running, and leading women’s mountain bike camp, the Trek Dirt Series, opened up registration for the year and already has had 500 sign up. Join the largely female coaching staff, many of whom are professional coaches, teachers and professors in their “day jobs”, as they focus on building high-end skills in an incredibly supportive environment. 14 women’s specific and 4 co-ed camps will run across North America at 11 locations, starting Apr through Sep. DirtSeries.com
- Join a new virtual Road Cycling Summit this April – From Apr 6-10 the folks behind the Cycling 360 podcast are hosting a free online conference to help improve your riding and cycling experience. The Summit is a series of 20 webinars with experts from around the cycling world, with topics like how to plan your training, how to stay motivated, to how to become a better climber. Everything is free, so give it a shot. RoadCyclingSummit.com.