- Get the full Crankworx Insider Experience – New for 2016, get the scoop on Crankworx Whistler by signing up for the free Crankworx Insider Experience. Once you sign up you get access to discounts, prizes and the opportunity to win upgrades to two fully paid Crankworx Experience packages – the Red Bull Joyride Experience and the Ultimate Crankworx Experience – offered for the 10-day festival in Whistler. Go to Crankworx.com and click through to the Crankworx Insider Page, fill out the brief questionnaire and you are set up with deals and chances to win…
- Coast to coast. Raising awareness from city to city, and $12.3 Million – PURSUIT FOR THOSE WITH disABILITIES, the Houston based charitable adventure behind the non profit The Center, has finished their coast to coast capital campaign. The team raised $12.3 million in donations, exceeding their fundraising goal while trekking 31,046 total miles by the team and riders that rode alongside from the beginning of their journey to their final ride into Rehoboth Beach. The team of cyclists from Houston and around the United States this summer set out to embark upon a ride across the country to raise money and awareness for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. PursuitRide.org.
Where to Ride & Contests
- Race Sagan in the dirt this weekend – In a tuneup for the Rio Olympic mountain bike race it looks like Peter Sagan is expected to toe the line at the Pierre’s Hole 50k in WY this weekend. Most of the entrants probably won’t recognize if he doesn’t roll up with an entourage, but those in the know will get the chance to go head to head with a road world champion as he works on his off-road form. The race at the Grand Targhee course takes off tomorrow, Saturday morning in Alta, Wyoming, although it looks like registration might be already closed. GrandTarghee.com
- Win a spot to train with Alberto Contador the October – After joining on as a title sponsor for his Fundación Contador development team, Polartec is now offering up a chance to train with El Pistolero himself. To be eligible you must ride 1000km or more in a month to show you can handle it. Then to enter you’ll have to login to Strava starting on Aug 29 and work through a series of 4 levels of a Strava Challenge for the contest. Each step will earn you a badge as you get closer, and a winner will be selected out of those who finish all 4 and the 100km before Sept 26. Keep an eye out at Strava.com
Gear & Deals
- Sombrio stands behind their gear with new Lifetime Guarantee – Sombrio (part of the Dorel group) just launched a new lifetime guarantee on their apparel. The brand is excited about this move as they’ve always stood behind the durability of their products. Sombrio gear is designed to withstand the rigors of everyday adventures, and the new guarantee covers apparel items against manufactures defects, for the life of the garment. SombrioCartel.com
- Free Podium bottle with purchase from The Feed – The Feed offered a deal back at for le Tour and now they’ve got something new for August. This time it is another free Camelbak Podium bottle ($13 value) when you upgrade to a 1LB bag of their Skratch mix. Use the code “DrinkUp” at checkout! Thefeed.com