- Video Series: Why use a power meter? – They’ve kind of blown up in recent ears, and Pioneer just put together an intro series to help you decide if you need one and how to benefit from it. For many, understanding how to use a power meter seems complicated. They brought in a well-known tri coach to explain the importance of using power when training for a race and after race completion. It looks like a good reference to wrap your head around the idea of training with power, no matter who makes your power meter. Youtube.com…
- Join IMBA today in the US, ride off in a new Yeti next week – The US chapters of the International Mountain Bicycling Association is running a fall membership drive now and it is coming to a close on Monday. Joining your local IMBA chapter is the most effective way to help build and maintain the trails you ride. Membership dues support your local chapter’s work, and IMBA’s efforts nationwide. Join with thousands of other riders who are passionate enough to support the trails they ride on. Plus, if you join your local chapter and support the trails you love by October 31, you’ll be entered in for a chance to win a Yeti SB5c. IMBA.com/Join
- Robin Williams’ bike auction raises more than $600,000 for Challenged Athletes Foundation & Reeve Foundation – Just a quick follow-up since we featured it just over a week ago. The online sale more than doubled the already high estimate of how much they would raise, with every one of the 87 bikes getting multiple bids in from more than 25 countries. The highest selling was a special edition La Carrera polka dot Colnago Master Pista, which raised more than $40,000.
- Challenged Athletes Foundation raises $1.5 Million, riding 620 miles from San Francisco to San Diego – Another follow-up from a FRU from a couple weeks ago, the Million Dollar Challenge came to a finish on Friday, October 21 at La Jolla Shores, where over 100 cyclists, rode 620 miles down the coast over the span of a week. The funds raised support grants to challenged athletes for adaptive sports equipment, training and competition expenses, mentoring, and free camps and clinics across the country. This past year, CAF granted 2,098 grants worth over $3.7 million and over the past 23 years has awarded more than 13,000 grants to help individuals with physical challenges world-wide get back into the game of life through sport. ChallengedAthletes.org
- Win a US CX champs jersey signed by JPows – You can usually only get the stars & stripes jersey by crushing all comers, but thanks to his saddle sponsor Fi’zi:k, you can win one online from the comforts of behind your keyboard. Head over to Quizr.cc answer a super easy question, and be entered to win a Rapha Focus national champion’s jersey signed by elite US cyclocross champ Jeremy Powers.
- Clif’s seasonal holiday flavor bars are back in stores – You know you need to satiate your Pumpkin Spice Latte cravings without having to succumb to your basic, Ugg-wearing, first world problem having inner self. Get your fix in with Spiced Pumpkin Pie, Hot Chocolate, Iced Gingerbread, and Pecan Pie Clif Bars. Clifbar.com
- K-Edge Splayd integrated bar mounts now shipping – If you ride an integrated bar/stem cockpit you’ve probably been making due with a computer mount. K-Edge had a new solution a couple of months back, and now word is that they’ve made their way out through distribution channels. It’ll get your Garmin, Wahoo, and GoPro (or light) out front where it belongs. K-Edge.com