- Year-long cycle trip raising awareness of diabetes – November is National Diabetes month, so we’ll take a quick look at two people in the middle of a year-long cycling challenge to raise awareness about diabetes. The pedal powered project called “For A Piece Of Cake” is a challenge being undertaken by riders Riccardo and Chiara, who’ve set the task of riding 18,000km from Cesena, Italy to Singapore. One of the cyclists, Chiara Ricciardi, lives with Type 1 diabetes, diagnosed at age 11. The way she put it, “while on the road, we would like to emphasize the message that a healthy lifestyle and careful therapy can let anyone living with diabetes lead a life full of ambitions.” Their current location is Muscat, Oman – 7130km, 146 days & 9 punctures in. Follow along at: ForaPieceofCake.com…
- Polar Bottle announces Veterans Day benefit for Wounded Warriors – Polar Bottle plans to honor Veterans Day throughout the month of November via a fundraising campaign benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project. The national nonprofit provides injured veterans with free recovery programs and services, and for every USA Flag and State Flag bottle sold by Polar through their website this month, they’ll donate $1 to support the WWP’s numerous free programs and services for veterans, caregivers and their families.
- Help Joshua get a Buddy Bike for Christmas – 13 year old Joshua Kelly with Down Syndrome & autism has been selected to participate in the 2nd Annual Buddy Bikes for Christmas program. It offers the opportunity for a special needs family to get a Buddy Bike at a reduced rate, paid for entirely by fundraising. They have until Dec 1 to raise the $2300 to pay for the bike that hopes to give him the activity and interaction he needs to help his well-being & development. Learn more and contribute via: GoFundMe.com.
- Pedal the Sonoma Valley next week with the free ASSOS CAMPionissimo event – Something free from Assos? Really, their 1st annual CAMPionissimo is a free consumer 10-day cycling camp in California’s wine country from Nov 11-20. Partnering with luxury cycling vacation group DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. for the kick-off weekend, the event welcomes riders of all levels for daily group rides. The event will give a chance to meet with industry experts on topics from training and nutrition to bike fit and maintenance, enjoy rides with pro DuVine Cycling guides, pro cyclists and Assos ambassadors and staff, plus let attendees test out the latest Assos &CAMPionissimo gear. Register and learn more at: Duvine.com/Assos.
- For those epic bike trips the SEVENTY2 – a fully packed survival setup – OK, so this is a bit over the top, but maybe fun. Uncharted Supply Co. has introduced the SEVENTY2, the first fully integrated survival system designed to safely navigate the first 72-hours after any emergency. Developed by a combo of adventurers, first responders, medical experts, and survivalists, the self-contained $350 pack is designed to give peace of mind with all the necessary goodies and instructions to face any situation. It might just make a solid kit to throw on your bike for the zombie apocalypse, or just the most epic bikepacking trip ever conceived! UnchartedSupplyCo.com
- Save 25% off remaining 8bar bikes stock this weekend – The folks at 8bar bikes are clearing out stock as the cycling season comes to its cold hibernation. To fight the off-season blues, they are trying to cheer riders up a bit with 25% off on all of their own 8bar products in an end of season sale. It runs just til Nov 6, so hurry up before all the good stuff is gone. Add the coupon code SEASONEND at checkout: 8bar-bikes.com.
- Sufferlandria gets new training plans, Yoga for Cyclists & a Windows Beta update – The newest Sufferfest App update has brought some helpful improvements for those looking to spend some cold weather time in their pain cave. Just released today, the Windows Beta 18 is better overall. In addition to many app bug fixes, the service will add 10 free training plans available to App subscribers. Later this month they will also add a Yoga for Cyclists training video to keep you flexible when stuck inside. Check it all out at: TheSufferfest.com.
- New lowest price on a Kickr trainer – If you are going to be stuck inside with the Sufferfest, you might as well get a new smart trainer .Wahoo has just dropped the price on their original Kickr, with the new $900€ price tag the lowest its ever been, while supplies last. Wahoofitness.com