- Help the forest. Win a bike, with The Pisgah Project – Pisgah National Forest is a place of rugged trails & steep mountains that every mountain bike should be able to ride. Industry 9 has joined forces with a few other Southeast companies to give a little back to the forest and raffle off an amazing bicycle. The winner will get a great new ride and all of the proceeds will be donated to The Pisgah Conservancy – an organization of representatives of each user group found in Pisgah. That means balanced decision making & years of a mix of uses to come. A $20 donation to the Pisgah Conservancy nets one chance to win this REEB Cycles Sixfiddy frame decked out with I9 Backcountry360 27.5+ wheels, Maxxis tires, Cane Creek and Thompson components. Enter as many times as you want until April 9 at high noon. PisgahConservancy.org
Check out other industry tidbits of the week after the break…
- Shower like a pro with Hansgrohe – OK, so how could we not lead into the weekend with that image?! Hansgrohe USA is racing into spring with a social media campaign called Shower Like A Pro. From now through April 22, they’re celebrating the brand’s sponsorship of German cycling team, BORA-Hansgrohe. It also counts down to the Amgen Tour of California, in which the team will race in the states this May 11-20. 5 prize winners will receive a Hansgrohe showerhead, and 1 grand prize recipient will win a VIP trip to Stage One of the Tour of California in Sacramento.Enter through the Shower Like A Pro tab on Hansgrohe USA’s Facebook page.
- Win a fi’zi:k saddle signed by Greg Van Avermaet – Italian saddle maker and BMC sponsor Fizik are putting a shiny gold Antares saddle up for grabs. The gold & black limited edition Antares saddle is signed by BMC’s Olympic champion, Belgian Greg Van Avermaet. Get your chance to win by answering a simple question over at Quizr.cc
- Customize the look of your helmet with Catlike – Catlike has developed a new online customizer tool for bike helmets that lets you mix and match the look, colors & logos on four of their popular helmets. Get a team together and personalize your helmet, or just get something one of a kind. It looks like it doesn’t cost much more than stop options. Catlike.com
- Together TrainingPeaks brings live workouts to Garmin via Connect IQ app – In continued moves to make it easy for athletes & trainers to plan & track their workouts, Training Peaks has partnered with Garmin to develop a TrainingPeaks Connect IQ app. Available now in brings your training plan into real-time, so no more planning your structured intervals ahead of time, only to forget or fall behind when you get out on the road or rollers. “When an athlete is ready to workout, their device becomes their guide, taking them through every step, pedal or swim stroke.” TrainingPeaks.com
- Velofix adds premium triathlon brand Ventum to their direct to consumer program – Velofix Direct, their pro bike build and door-to-door delivery program, has just signed up tri racing bike maker Ventum. Ventum customers can now enjoy the ease and convenience of ordering their bike online and having it shipped directly to them. Velofix.com