- 2nd annual Trail Prom is coming soon in North Carolina – The Northwest NC Mountain Bike Alliance has just shared details on their 2nd Annual “Trail Prom”. The Aug 26 social event at Dooley’s Grill & Tavern in Wilkesboro, NC will be fundraising for local trails. There will be “heavy hors d’oeuvres and beer”, plus music, a prize raffle & silent auction. And of course riding. Before the evening event, they’ll be riding from 3pm at Kerr Scott. Get all the details on the Alliance’s Facebook.
Check out some places to ride and win new gear after the break…
Where to Ride
- Ride, socialize and win with Liv cycling at Crankworx Whistler next weekend – Liv has big plans in store for Crankworxs Whistler 2017, Aug 13-14. Starting with the 4th annual Women’s Only A-Line Session, Liv continues the fun with a Ladies Social Ride, daily expo booth bikes and prize giveaways throughout the event. Whether riding, spectating races or checking out all of the latest mountain bike products in the Village expo, there have never been more ways to connect with Liv at Crankworx. Check in on the details on Liv’s Facebook.
- Search and State’s Search Brigade 2017 just back from crossing the US – Led by riders included Search and State co-founders Daniel Golden and Devin O’Brien, the group of cyclists trekked over 3000 miles of American backroads over the course of 37 days. Riders had the option to cycle for the entirety of the trip, or joined the pack at points along the way, keeping track through an app controlled by ride leaders, with four guys doing the entire coast-to-coast route frmo NYC to LA this June & July. There were mountain passes, headwinds, extreme heat, dirt and gravel roads. Averaging between 90-150 miles per day, they took no breaks and blazed a path straight across the country. Check out a slideshow of the ride at: Action.SearchandState.com.
Oh yeah, and Search and State is running a summer clothing sale too at: SearchandState.com
- Gran Fondo Hincapie expanding to Chattanooga, TN – Hincapie Events is just shared with us that they are branching out from their signature event – the Gran Fondo Hincapie – to take it to more cities across the United States (and eventually, the world.) Their goal is to establish a trusted platform & format for the event that will be easy to recreate in new locales, while keeping that same premium & luxury experience that their Gran Fondo created, and standardized route distances of 15, 50, and 80 miles across all the fondos. The first new event will come to Chattanooga on May 5, 2018. Check out all the details and sign up at: GranFondoHincapie.com.
- CrossVegas & Focus announce new e-bike race – CrossVegas and Focus Bicycles USA just told us about the inaugural Focus E-Bike Challenge that will happen at this year’s big cyclocross event in Las Vegas. The new e-bike fun race to be held on the famed CrossVegas course on Sept 20. Any style of e-bike is allowed, you just have to get it to the start line (although 15 lucky riders will get to ride a Focus e-whip – hopefully a new Project Y?!). Registration just opened, so if that sounds like your kind of weird fun, give it a look. CrossVegas.com
- Tenspeedhero’s Summer Sale rolls on with across the board discounts – Clothing maker, and slightly behind on the latest gearing iterations, Tenspeedhero is running their big summer sale through August 13. Besides items that are already marked down, get a full 30% off everything you buy from their online store with coupon code: SUMMER30 at checkout. Store.Tenspeedhero.com
Race news (sorta)
- Lance’s Stages podcast going to the Colorado Classic and Velorama MusicFestival – So you probably heard about this Lance Armstrong guy who had a daily podcast wrapping up the day of racing at the Tour de France this year, right? Well, it was actually really interesting. Now to continue the behind the scenes style coverage, Lance and his broadcasting partner JB will take Stages to cover the upcoming Colorado Classic & Velorama Colorado Festival in Denver. They’ll report in daily from Aug 9-13 covering the women’s and men’s competitions. LanceArmstrong.com/Stages & VeloramaColorado.com