- Replant a tree & get a front row spot at 2018 La Fausto Coppi marathon – Organizers of the popular La Fausto Coppi amateur sportive ride want to help rebuild some of the mountain road on the route and replant some trees. In October huge forest & grass fires devastated much of the Italian Piedmont region where the annual July ride takes place. So now if you add a 100€ donation to your registration for the event, the organizers will offer cyclists a start on the first row with 100% of the proceeds going to the local “Save the Mountain Roads” fund. Plus for every front row spot bought until the end of December, event organizers will also arrange to have an additional tree planted to support reforestation. FaustoCoppi.net
- Specialized donating kids Bikes to Boys & Girls Club for each they sell – The Specialized Foundation is hoping to give away a goal of 1,000 bikes to Boys & Girls Clubs of America in areas affected by recent natural disasters, including the wildfires in Northern California and hurricanes in Texas, Florida & Puerto Rico. The 1 for 1 donation program on all kid’s bike sales means that for every Specialized Riprock, Hotrock, or Hotwalk purchased in the USA, from December 1-25, the Specialized Foundation will donate a bike (and provide a helmet with each bike.) So if you go to your local shop to buy your kid a bike you’ll be hooking up another young rider too! SpecializedFoundation.org
- Follow along on the ENTIRE 2018 Tour de France with Sports Tours Int’l – Do you have 24 vacation days to spend next July? If so, you can get a ringside seat with Sports Tours International on the ultimate tour spectating trip. Starting from the Tour’s Grand Depart on July 7 to the finale in Paris on July 29, you’ll see every stage and get VIP treatment at many stages with access to pro riders & teams. The surprisingly affordable £4300 cost includes hotels, transfers, some food, some hospitality access, daily guided bike rides, a cross-the-Finish Line experience on one stage, and more. Full details at: SportsToursInternational.co.uk
- Optimize suspension with Vorsprung’s Tuesday Tune videos this winter – If your mountain bike gets stuck inside while the trails are a mess, you might as well get it ready to hit the trail whenever an opportunity presents itself. Vorsprung Suspension have brought back their Tuesday Tune suspension tech video series on Youtube with plenty of topics to cover. They sell the series saying, “the videos sit between 10-15 minutes long, and feature poor editing, low quality filming, unscripted rambling and hopefully also something interesting!” Sound like a good excuse to crack open a brew and maybe learn something. VorsprungSuspension.com
Gear & Deals
- Save 10% off any Scicon bag til Dec 22 – Scicon is offering an early Christmas present that’ll be nice whether you were planning to buy a super expensive hard travel case of something more budget friendly like a saddle bag. Order until December 22 and use code: PREXMAS10 at checkout. SciconBags.com
- Save on NEXT Cycling wheels until the end of the year – Now until the end of the year, Next Cycling are offering 20% off their remaining inventory of 33M mountain wheels and Road Disc wheels. They are built on DT, Project 321, and Industry 9 hubs and in stock in various colors. The sale is only on existing inventory ready to be built up in time for Christmas. Shoot them an email if you want to check inventory for a specific color or combo. Then use code: NEXTChristmas at checkout and wait for the box to arrive.
- Plenty more last minute holiday deals & contest giveaways on offer – Santini, VC Graphix, Swiftwick, Biehler, Troy Lee Designs & Sweet Protection all have some form of holiday deals going right now. We rounded them up here, if you haven’t already caught it.
- Find your affordable Watteam powemeter in Australia with JetBlack – For all of our Aussie readers who are looking to take your training to the next level this summer, you can now get ahold of a Watteam Powerbeat. JetBlackProducts.com