Follow friends & crazies ultra-endurance racing with DotWatcher – It’s tough to follow along and keep updated with friends and folks you’ve met on the bike when they are out competing in longest bikepacking and sleepless endurance races. So DotWatcher decided to make it more enjoyable. Launched yesterday with the Transatlantic Way Race, it brings to together live updates & tracking, race analysis, social media, and a some community interactions. Follow along now on a 2500km trek around Ireland, with 163 riders en route. DotWatcher.cc
Advocacy & Industry News
- Utah Senator introduces legislation on mountain bike in Wilderness areas – Senate Public Lands Subcommittee Chairman Mike Lee (R–Utah) has introduced a updated version of his 2016 Human-Powered Travel in Wilderness Areas Act. With similar legislation by House Federal Lands Subcommittee Chairman Tom McClintock (R–Calif.) pending in the House, the legislation hopes to let Wilderness managers regulate mountain bike use in federal Wilderness areas. With such legislation now under consideration in both houses of Congress for the first time, there seems some progress heading forward about sensible, sustainable trail access for off-road riding. SustainableTrailsCoalition.org
- Argonaut pairs with Velofix on Ready to Roll deliveries – Argonaut and Velofix have partnered on a white-glove delivery service for Argonaut’s bespoke carbon bicycles. The Ready to Roll program now is included with every Argonaut order at no charge, and a Velofix mobile bike shop in a van will bring it to your doorstep, set up to ride. ArgonautCycles.com
- Story of Richard Long and GT Bicycles in the works – The project, driven by Richard’s wife Wanda and son Chris, looks to tell the story of the era and circumstances that lead to the serendipitous meeting between Richard & Gary Turner (the “GT” in GT), through their rise as a BMX dynasty, MTB pioneers, then USA Cycling and US Olympic Team supporters/suppliers.
- Chris Farley’s family suing Trek over ‘Farley’ fat bike name – The Associate Press is reporting that comedian Chris Farley’s family has filed a lawsuit against Trek Bicycle for the name of its fat bike. USA Today reports that the suit claims “the Wisconsin-based bike company misappropriated Farley’s name and traded on his “fat guy” brand of comedy” with the bike. USAToday.com
- Fly Away with Glitch Mob & Mission Workshop to Red Rocks – Mission partnered with The Glitch Mob to help promote the launch of their new Radian travel backpack and the release of TGM’s new album See Without Eyes. Enter to win flights & two VIP access tickets to see The Glitch Mob at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado June 28. Besides airfare, lodging & concert tickets, the winner will walk away with a killer prize pack, including the new MW bag, a Dell laptop & more! Register now with less than a week to go: MissionWorkshop.com