Now that Giro has perfected their style when it comes to the world of New Road apparel, the company is eyeing something a little faster. While New Road was meant to specifically not be your common road kit, Giro’s new Chrono collection is just that – with a hefty dose of Giro style.
Not necessarily designed for racing, Chrono is meant to be a high performance line of clothing for men and women that blends Giro design with Italian craftsmanship for a number of interesting looks…
Divided into three tiers, at the top you’ll find the Chrono Pro. The result of more than two years of development, Pro includes high end features and fit worthy of the name. Designed for all day comfort, the Chrono Pro bib short includes a custom Chrono Pro chamois, bib straps, and a lumbar support panel and is meant to pair perfectly with the Chrono Pro Jersey which uses a tapered collar and offers traditional rear pockets as well as a zippered valuable pocket with a moisture barrier to keep the contents dry.
Chrono Pro will also be available in women’s models, though the shorts will not be sold as bibs. Each will be offered in multiple colors, and will use many of the same features and pricing as the men’s.
- Chrono Pro Jersey/ Chrono Pro Women’s Jersey: $180 (USD) / £139/ €179
- Chrono Pro Bib: $250 (USD) / £189 / €249
- Chrono Pro Women’s Short: $150 (USD) / €149 / £119
Stepping down to the Chrono Expert, this mid-level group looks to offer a lot of the performance of the Pro line without the price tag. Again including a jersey and a bib short which uses a chamois codeveloped with Cytech, the Expert line is still a race fit and uses fabrics that are comfortable and breathe well.
The highlight of the Expert level might be the women’s halter top bib which uses a highly breathable mesh upper that can easily be pulled over the head when nature calls.
- Chrono Expert Jersey/ Chrono Expert Women’s Jersey: $100 (USD) / £74 / €99
- Chrono Expert Bib/ Chrono Expert Women’s Halter Bib: $150 (USD) / £119 / €14
- Chrono Expert Short $120 (USD)/ £89 / €119
There is also the Chrono Sport which still includes a number of high-end features but at a price that is more within reach. Cut with a performance fit rather than race fit, Sport will include both men’s and women’s shorts and jerseys plus a pair of men’s bibs.
- Chrono Sport Jersey/ Chrono Sport Women’s Jersey: $80 (USD) / £50 / €79
- Chrono Sport Bib: $120 (USD)/ £89/ €119
- Chrono Short Short/ Chrono Sport Women’s Short: $80 (USD) / £59 / €79
Chrono also includes a few accessories including men’s and women’s base layers, wind vests and jackets, and arm and leg warmers made from the same Wikpro fabric found in their base layers.