German bicycle maker ROSE Bikes unveiled a covert, single-speed e-bike for the city commuter. The SNEAK+ is Rose’s third entry to the electric bike market, but it hardly looks the part. Apart from a “discreet power button on the top tube,” the new model is virtually indiscernible from non-electric options.
ROSE SNEAK+ minimalist e-bike
Rose bills the low-profile e-bike as minimalist in form, but maximalist in functionality.
The design offers riders a stealthy, compact rear wheel hub motor, a totally hidden battery in the downtube, tidy internal cable routing through the headset, and fully integrated LED light system tucked inside the bar & seatpost, plus a lightweight alloy frame, app connectivity & minimal maintenance demands.
Then, in keeping with the appeal to simplicity, the bike comes in just two colors — all white or all black.
- +/- 14.5kg / 32lb overall weight
- Full cable integration through the head tube
- Rear-wheel hub motor from Mahle with up to 40Nm of torque
- Down tube-integrated 250Wh battery
- 100km / 62 miles max range
- Premium carbon fork with integrated thru-axle
- Fully integrated LightSKIN LED lighting in handlebar and seat post
- Mahle Ebikemotion app integration with battery, torque, range & speed readouts, plus mode selection, weather info & navigation features
- Frame sizes: S, M, L
- SNEAK+ LTD drive: single-speed chain
- SNEAK+ EQ LTD drive: single-speed carbon belt-drive
- Brakes: Formula Cura 2-piston gold disc brakes
- Front wheel: Rival, DT Prolock
- Fork: ROSE CL-712
- Rear wheel: Rival, DT Prolock
- Motor: Mahle X35+
- Cockpit: LightSKIN handlebar with integrated 150lm internal front light
- Saddle: Brooks Cambium C17 all weather
- Seatpost: LightSKIN with integrated 5 LED rear taillight
The bike’s low weight should make it easier to carry and protect from theft or inclement weather than other bikes in the segment.
Rose Sneak+ e-bike – Pricing & availability
The Rose Sneak+ e-bike starts at 2350€ (~$2,575 USD). The Sneak+ LTD EQ features a Gates carbon drive belt in place of the chain & mudguard and starts at 2600€ (~$2,850). Additional delivery charges apply to US-bound orders.
And urban commuters might want to keep an ear to the ground. On April 1, Rose will launch a new collection of specialty technical apparel for urban riders made to transition seamlessly between commutes and work or social settings… with plenty of reflectivity for added city riding safety.