3T Strada, Elite Suito & Zwift at cost to support Bergamo hospital – Look, we all now know that northern Italy is a mess with Coronavirus. 3T is based in the literal thick of it at their Bergamo HQ where they also fabricate their own carbon cranks (and more soon!) And they are trying to do their part. They’ve paired with fellow Italian company Elite, making indoor trainers just down the road to raise money to support their local hospitals. And doing it AT cost.
So far, according to 3T, they’ve avoided the worst of it. They still have a few of their own people in quarantine, plus some family members & friends that died of the virus in the past week. But they are ready to do more to help. So, 3T are forgoing profit to raise money to support their local community, and giving you the best deal you’ll likely find for some time. They’ve bundled a 3T Strada Pro Force fat-tire aero road bike, a smart & compact Elite Suito direct-drive indoor trainer, and a month of Zwift for $2864 / 2891€, more than fifteen-hundred dollars or euros less than the regular retail cost of $4400€. Then, on top of that, 3T is donating another 500€ for each combo sold directly to the local hospitals.
Their thinking is that as a company, 3T can weather some time without profits, and for them moving inventory out the door is almost as good as profit in trying time. They aren’t making money, but they’re breaking even in any case. “Win-win in lose-lose times.”
Where to ride… virtually… or later
- Riding on with the RCC, group rides shift to Swift for the forseeable future – Rapha’s unique global cycling club isn’t giving up on its members or the large number of group rides they regularly host. Starting on Monday, they’re inviting members to take to Zwift, as they “ride on together through these troubling times.” The RCC app will manage it all, with Rapha-sponsored pro like Justin Williams, Canyon//SRAM & EF Pro Cycling getting in on the fun. Rapha.cc/RCC
- Appenninica MTB stage race offers certainty in a time of uncertainties – The Appenninica MTB Parmigiano Reggiano Stage Race in northern Italy this July 19-25 is almost in the heart of the global pandemic. But they want to remind everyone that while public health issues are cancelling events left and right, hitting event organizers and tourism hard, for now they are still planning to run their race late this coming summer. But even if it doesn’t, your registration is guaranteed. If the race gets postponed, or cancelled, or you choose not to attend for any Coronavirus-related reasons, your registration will get rolled over for the next edition of the race. Support the racing organization now without any risk, and start dreaming of when mountain biking in Italy outside of Florence will become a dream destination again. Appenninica-MTB.com
- Wondering where to ride & race gravel next? Pete Stetina & Wahoo, too… – The latest episode of Wahoo’s Frontiers video series looks at Pete Stetina talking about his plans for gravel racing this year after leaving the Pro Tour & winning the 2019 Belgian Waffle Ride. Sure, this was filmed pre-COVID-19, so no one really knows what in the world is gonna happen, but maybe now it’s just a nice escape. WahooFitness.com/Frontiers
(More) Gear deals
- F3 Mounts raising money to fight Covid-19 with 30% discount – F3 wants to make it easier to train inside, so they are offering 30% off the first 50 FormMount Phone mounts that people buy direct from their site (discount is applied at checkout and still available now), then 100% of all proceeds will be donated to a cause you help choose. Comment on social media, DM them, or just at: email@example.com with your suggestion where the donation would help the most. They’ll pick one, and send teh money to help. F3cycling.com
- Save 30% across all MAAP riding kit – Sure, many of us are riding inside these days, but Maap want us to be kitted out in style for 2020 wherever we ride. Their newest collection, plus all the existing kit gets a blanket 30% OFF discount now with code: MAAPSALE30 for a limited time only. Maap.cc/discount/maapsale30
- Save in ROKA’s 7th anniversary sale – Not every gear deal needs to be virus-related. Roka is celebrating seven years of shiny glasses with 30% off sitewide, on gear that you can use on and off the bike, from aviators to sports lenses. From now until March 23 only. Roka.com