Immerse yourself virtually in Team DSM’s lead up to the Tour de France – To deliver a more immersive perspective on Team DSM’s prep for the Grand Tours they’ve put together a virtual reality experience that gives fans a “unique look behind-the-scenes of with real life 360˚ scenes”. The first episode ‘Be the best you can be’ is already available to watch, so sit down and whet your appetite ahead of one of the biggest races of the year, by joining Team DSM in the lead up to some of their major season goals at the Tour de France.
Next, episode 2 “Racing day” will follow in July, and then conclude with episode 3 “Keep Challenging” in early August.
“Be the best you can be” offers an exclusive look behind the scenes into how the team have prepared for some of their biggest early season goals. From behind the scenes at team camp, right through to the Giro d’Italia, it’s not one to be missed. To watch it on your phone, simply scan the QR code above to download the mobile app in the App or Google Play store. Or you can simply visit the interactive website and use your mouse to pan around in the three-dimensional video there. Team-DSM.com
more of The Run Up to le Tour de France & La Course
- The Run Up returns with Episode 2 highlighting La Course – It’s not only the guys leading up to the Tour. This weekend is also La Course by Tour de France, and the “semi-regular” new web series The Run Up takes you inside the best pro cycling teams. Filmed, edited & launched in the days immediately before a race, it hopes to grow awareness and interest in women’s pro cycling, returning now with FDJ and visiting riders and staff from Trek-Segafredo and the Liv Racing WorldTeam as they prep for one of the largest one-day races of the year. Get the full details at: TheRunUpSeries.com or just hit play above!
- Prepping for le Tour with Deceuninck – Quick-Step: Tom Steels, the sports director of Quick-Step shares his teams Tour de France prep from A to Z. Steels offers unique insight into what it means to lead the team from the car at the biggest race in the world and shares his thoughts about the team’s goals & expectations for the 108th edition of le Tour. Read his full thoughts at: Deceuninck-QuickStep.com
- Deceuninck – Quick-Step also set to go carbon neutral at the Tour – Their
#ItStartsWithUS campaign goes into its second year with a reforestation project near the Grand Depart in Bretagne, France. They became the world’s first certified carbon neutral cycling team at the end of last year, and now renew that pledge by supporting two new climate projects, one of which is based in the area surrounding Stage 4 of the 2021 Tour de France. Partnered with CO2Logic, they calculated the annual carbon footprint of the team to be +/- 1288 tons of CO2, with the amount of forestation required to capture that CO2 the equivalent of around 3099 football pitches, so that’s what they plan to do by the end of 2021… itstartswithus.Deceuninck-QuickStep.com
- Sagan Collection’s fifth chapter of Tour Disruption for Specialized – The latest Sagan Collection, titled Disruption is more about chill simplicity than flash. Inspired by pure the collection includes 3 LTD edition framesets – S-Works Aethos, Aethos & S-Works Tarmac SL7. – plus apparel, helmets & shoes in low-key blacks, whites & gold. Even Sagan’s own Disruption S-Works Tarmac SL7 that he will race from the Tour de France’s Grand Départ in Brest is oozing simple style. Specialized.com
Contest & Deals
- Ride Zwift with UCI e-Sports World Champ Jason Osborne & win from Lezyne – This Monday, June 28 (08:30AM PST / 17:30 CEST) join Lezyne for a virtual meet & greet ride with current UCI Esports World Champion & Olympic rower Jason Osborne. You can hop on for a social pedal in Zwift with Osborne, or follow along with the event livestream via YouTube. Up for grabs for those who participate is a prize pack of Lezyne goodies worth over $250. Full details on how to join in and enter to win at: ride.Lezyne.com
- Obed Summer Special is on with free special shipping – Long summer days mean long summer rides, and Obed’s Summer Home Delivery Special hopes to make it easier to get out to ride. Free delivery doesn’t just include their standard $95 Pro Box, but also the white glove $295 Home.Delivery.Right service that gets you ready to roll from your doorstep. All are free in the US during the summer special with code: SUMMERSALE2021 at checkout. ObedBikes.com
Where to Ride and Race
- Ride historic Dresden Velorace tomorrow from home, on Rouvy – The ŠKODA Velorace in Dresden (SVRD) is the most beautiful city cycling tour in Germany. The open virtual race on ROUVY invites everyone to discover the city from home and challenge former UCI World Champion Bert Grabsch this weekend, June 27. Register now for Sunday morning’s (09:30 CEST) open race. Rouvy.com