- Human Powered Vehicle Breaks 85 MPH! – We found this story first on Jalopnik.com. Aerovelo’s speed bike Eta premiered at the World Human Powered Speed Challenge in Battle Mountain, Nevada in 2014. Despite mechanical issues, the team placed third overall. Now Aerovelo is getting ready for another record attempt in the 2015 challenge. Get updates from this year’s challenge at aerovelo.com
- Lake Tahoe Unveils New Mountain Biking Guide Website – Finding the right trail can be daunting for the beginner mountain biker. Even if your a seasoned rider, finding your way on a large trail network can be a difficult proposition unless you have a local with you. So, Ty Polastri created biketahoe.org. “It’s like hooking up with your own bike concierge,” Polastri explained. “It helps get a sense of what Tahoe’s about.” Check out more at the Tahoe Daily Tribune.
- 2015 Gran Fondo Hincapie: Your Revolutions Will Be Televised – Starting this Fall, Gran Fondo Hincapie will be the first non-competitive cycling event to be live broadcast with announcers, multiple motorcycle cameras and a full video production team. The event will be broadcast live on granfondohincapie.com.
- Free U-Lock With Any Bike Purchase! – Pure Fix Cycles is giving away a FREE U-lock with the purchase of any bike. Visit PureFixCycles.com for more details. Your order will also qualify for FREE shipping.
- Polar Bottle launches Official Licensed Product for Team USA – The months leading up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Summer Games provide a unique opportunity for cycling brands and retailers to link themselves to Team USA. Polar Bottle is now an official water bottle licensee of the United States Olympic Committee and Team USA, and is launching a new design at Interbike featuring the Team USA logos. Polarbottle.com
- New Music App for Active Individuals is Motion Controlled – Noisapp, available free on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Windows Phone Store, allows athletes to enjoy both the self-reflective and social aspects of their sport by enabling them to focus on their activities, friends, and environment – rather than their headphones or smartphone. Noisapp.net