Last fall we tried out the Otto Tuning System, which pairs a clip on guide with a smartphone app to help you tune your rear derailleur for optimum shifting. Now, the entire app has been remade to offer more features and quicker, easier use. It also added the ability to check alignment and angles on most 1x and 2x mountain bikes, too, not just road.
Check the video and update list below…
New features in v2.0 include:
- A new CHECK feature that provides a thorough assessment of your shifting and derailleur angles in approximately 30 seconds.
- Compatibility with Shimano and SRAM 9-11 Speed components.
- Now compatible with road bikes and nearly all 2X MTB drivetrains.
- Redesigned user interface is more intuitive and easier to navigate.
- Accurate to +/- .125 mm, less than a single barrel adjustment
- Reduced time to “tune” your rear derailleur from Beta version 1.0.
- Price point adjustments, reducing price from Beta version 1.0.
…and this video shows how to install the gauges:
The app is free, and it now lets you check derailleur alignment for free, but the tuning system equipment is $39 and full use of all of the app’s features require a weekly, monthly or annual subscription.