The Cane Creek HELM has proven to be an incredible fork – as long as you were looking for a fairly burly fork for trail, all mountain, and Enduro use. For those looking to shed a little weight and get a bit more efficient, Cane Creek now offers the HELM Works Series which is optimized for the aggressive XC or short travel trail market.
Fixed at 130mm of travel and only for 29″/27.5+ wheels, the Works Series 130 is essentially a tuned version of the HELM 29 Air with the same 35mm stanchions. However, a hollow 44mm offset crown as well as revised internals help remove some of the weight.
There’s also a new bolt-on D-Loc axle which combined with the other weight savings, drops 100g from the weight of the HELM 29 Air. That gives the Works Series 130 a claimed weight of 1999g. Noe that the D-Loc bolt-on axle will also be available as an aftermarket upgrade for existing HELMs for $54.99.
The other change comes in the addition of a “Climb Switch” which offers more of a climbing platform with the twist of the lever on the top of the fork damper.
Available only in gun metal grey lowers with polished black uppers, the HELM Works Series sells for the same price as other HELMs – $899. Available this May.
“Since the HELM was released we’ve heard from a lot of riders who love the fork for its stability and stiffness combined with the ability to adjust it down to shorter travel for aggressive XC and downcountry riding. After hearing that feedback, we sat down and asked ourselves what the perfect HELM fork would look like if it were optimized for that style of riding and that’s how the HELM Works Series 130 was born.” – Sam Anderson, product manager
HELM Works Series 130 Specifications
- Weight: 1999g (100g savings from HELM 29 Air)
- Stanchion Diameter: 35mm
- Wheel Size: 29 / 27.5+
- Max Tire Size: 64mm wide by 749mm tall (29) / 75mm wide by 739mm tall (27.5+)
- Wheel Spacing: 15mm x 110mm Boost Spacing
- ATC / Offset: 538mm at 130mm travel / 44mm
- High Speed Compression – 7 Clicks
- Low Speed Compression – 17 Clicks
- Low Speed Rebound – 10 Clicks with high speed compression climb switch
- Axle: “D-Loc” 15mm thru axle, Bolt-on, 5mm HEX Dark
- Color: Gun metal grey casting, Polished black anodized crown