Ditch your cars & ride to work: Choose Bike. Choose Life. Endura want to see us all make the world a better place, so they are encouraging citizens around the globe to ditch their cars and ride a bike to work. Highlighting the health & environmental benefits as well as time and money savings to be made, they hope to spread the message wide and far to get more people onto their bikes.
In big cities like Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, or New York, millions of commuters are stuck in heavy traffic everyday. In London alone, 4 million people commute to work by car, with avg. traffic speeds <16mph and spending up to 1.5hrs each day just trying to drive to work. But there is a better way… around 80,000 Londoners currently beat the rush by bike, choosing to be faster, fitter, smarter & healthier. Plus, they end up more productive at work, and spend more time out of the office or traffic.
On only a 6 mile commute, you can burn up to 500 calories as well as reducing your carbon footprint by almost half a ton per year – the equivalent of a transatlantic flight. The message is clear: Choose Life, Choose Bike. blog.EnduraSport.com
Where to Ride
- Dig, Demo & Jam with Transition at Cedar Dust, WA Apr 13 – Join Transition Bike’s Party in the Woods tomorrow at the Cedar Dust trail area in Bellingham, WA.
Help dig on the beginner & intermediate jump lines that need some love, plus help build benches, a bike stable & a map kiosk. Demo the full fleet of Transition bikes from 10am-3pm for free. Then after the dig & demo session, they’re hosting a grom jam from 3-4pm, and a pro jam from 4-6pm. The Cedar Dust jump zone is quickly becoming the most trafficked area on Galbraith, so help make it rad. Deets on Facebook.com
- Spider Mountain Texas bike park grand opening Apr 19 – Just 60 miles northwest of Austin, Spider Mountain is set to officially open the 1st & only year-round, lift-served mountain bike park in the US, with trails for all riders levels. On April 19, 2019 lifts start running from 9am for the full official opening of all trails, with a Grand Opening ribbon cutting ceremony at 1pm, and a party with live music, beer, food & lift poker until close at 5pm. SpiderMountain.com
- Race downtown Houston Grand Crit May 5 – Join Tile Roofs of Texas & Bike Barn for the 13th annual Houston Grand Criterium on Sunday May 5th. The recently re-surfaced Allen Parkway has proven to be one of the fastest courses in the race’s history, and with the completion of Buffalo Bayou Park, the start/finish location provides a beautiful venue for racers, spectators, family & friends. Plus, there’s a free kids race in addition to exciting racing to be seen. BikeBarn.com
- Trek Factory Racing & HeadCheck improve concussion care – Trek Factory Racing has partnered with HeadCheck to improve rider concussion care. Their entire off-road program (XC, EWS & DH) will use the new software to identify, assess & manage concussions. “This is about taking care of our athletes, pure and simple,” said Trek Sports Marketing Director Tim Vanderjeugd. “Anytime we can give our programs the tools to help better identify and manage concussion in support of the long-term health of our riders, we are all in.” HeadCheck delivers the most innovative tech backed by evidence-based science to help better manage athlete concussion policies. racing.TrekBikes.com
- Try out Campy’s new 12-speed road gruppos – Want to test out the top new Italian 12-speed road groupsets like we have? Sign up now on their website to get both exclusive offers and details on participating test ride centers worldwide, where you can try the 12-speed groupsets in both mechanical & electronic versions for yourself. 12speed.campagnolo.com