Nestled throughout suburban Toronto, there is a network of paved and dirt trails that connect the city. Anchored by the Don, or the Don River Valley Park, these trails are an important part of every day life for those who call Toronto home. Which is exactly why KindHuman Bicycles used them as inspiration for their latest bike – the Don.
Based in Toronto, KindHuman wanted to create a bike that was perfect for those home trails – but also for riders in similar situations around the globe. The Don needed to be durable enough to survive the city streets and bike racks, but light enough that it’s still a blast to ride. To get there, KH is building The Don in Canada from 7000 series Italian oversized aluminum tubing.
The geometry is aimed towards the stable/confidence inspiring side of things, with a 70-72.5° head tube angle and 74-73° seat tube angle depending on the size. The frame offers clearance for 700c x 42mm tires with 12 x 100 and 12 x 142mm thru axles. The frame features internally routed cables, a proprietary one piece dropout design, compatibility for 1x or 2x drivetrain, flat mound disc brakes, a BB86 bottom bracket, and rack and fender mounts to keep it functional.
Complete, the bike is claimed to weigh 22.5lbs – which isn’t super light, until you realize that is for a complete hand-built bike priced at just $1,899. Oh, don’t forget the custom paint. For a limited time, KindHuman is throwing in the option of custom paint, for free. Now that doesn’t mean you can have them add neon flames to the frame, but it does allow you to pick your base color, your graphics color, and whether you want that in a matte or gloss finish. Once the promotion is over, the custom paint option will add another $250. You also get to chose your handlebar tape color and fit details like handlebar, stem, and crank length.
- 7000 Series oversized Italian aluminum tubing provides superior stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Carbon fibre fork for reduced weight, increased comfort, and confident steering
- Sloping-geometry for increased comfort, and confidence-inspiring rideability
- Front 12×100 and 12×142 thru-axle system
- Internally routed shift and brake cables
- Tapered head-tube features 1.5” bottom bearing for handling precision
- Proprietary, one-piece adaptable dropout design
- Clamp-on Front Derailleur for 1X or 2X drivetrain systems
- Flat-mount disc brakes
- 27.2 seatpost size
- Fender and Rack mounts
- BB86 bottom bracket
- 22.5 lbs complete bike weight
- 42c tire clearance (Varies on make, model of tire, and internal rim width.
The Don is available now, and can be picked up at KindHuman headquarters for free, or shipped anywhere in North America for $199.00. Love the bike but tight on cash at the moment? KindHuman has also teamed up with Roots Canada to give a bike away – and you can enter right here.