What better way to celebrate an anniversary than with some new hardware, right? Nukeproof has now been around for 30 years as a brand, and to celebrate, they’re giving the Reactor 290c the WORX treatment.
Starting with their flagship Reactor 290c frame, the WORX model gets a raw carbon with clear coat finish and chrome decals to match the high end build. Other than the finish, this is the same 130mm travel frame with a “Trail/Rail” flip chip to drop the BB by 6mm and slack the front end by 0.5°.
Meant to pair with a 140mm travel fork, this bike gets a RockShox Pike Ultimate with the new Charger 2.1 damper.
The back of the bike gets a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT shock.
A SRAM AXS X01 drivetrain keeps the bling factor high, but also doesn’t price the WORX edition out of reach like a full XX1 AXS group might. Other than the GX Eagle chain, the rest of the drivetrain is X01 level.
The AXS build includes the Reverb AXS in either 150mm or 170mm travels depending on the frame size.
Cockpit components include the Nukeproof Horizon line with a carbon handlebar, 50mm stem, and SL saddle.
In spite of the high end, limited edition build, the Reactor 290c WORX is priced at $6,499, and will be available from Nukeproof dealers starting July 4th.
Full spec list:
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Pike Ultimate Charger 2 RC2 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Silver
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have one if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 30,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 30, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM XO1 Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM Eagle AXS 2 button 12-Speed
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM XO1 Eagle AXS 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1295 EAGLE, 12-Speed,10-50T
- Brakes: SRAM G2 Ultimate
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Red
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS with AXS Remote, 31.6mm; M: 440mm length, 150mm drop; L + XL: 480mm length, 170mm drop.
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature