When British adventurer Edward Michael “Bear” Grylls climbed to the top of Mount Everest, he was 23 years old, making him among the youngest ever to do so. Since then, he’s been a famous adventure guy doing all sorts of adventure-y types of things, like his most recent adventure, a bike collaboration with the UK folding bike masters, Brompton.
Brompton says that the Bear Grylls C Line Explore is spec’d for flexibility with six speeds and a Moss Green & Mushroom Gray colorway that is reminiscent of the natural tones found in British woodland expeditions.
As with other Brompton models, the Bear Grylls C Line Explore “folds down in 20 seconds”. Having a bike that folds down to a locked, compact unit, will aid in any adventure where space is limited.
Bear Grylls C Line Explore
Bear obviously likes adventures. According to Brompton, this collaboration will help anyone seek their own adventures and explore new possibilities. The Bear Grylls C Line Explore is built with a focus on versatility and comfort.
When your adventure calls for supplies and sundries, the C Line Explore is ready. It comes equipped with matching luggage. The waterproof backpack and essentials pouch are ready for anything from your daily commute to a planned exploration.
They easily attach and detach from the bike in seconds.
Brompton says it’s easy to unleash your Wanderlust and push new horizons with the Bear Grylls C Line Explore.
Bear Grylls C Line Explore Features and Retail
- Hand-brazed steel frame
- Waterproof backpack and pouch included
- Two-tone wheelset – silver and black rims
- 6-speed drivetrain
- Special Edition serial plate
- Brooks Cambium C17 all-weather saddle
According to the Brompton website:
- Frame material: Steel
– Front frame: Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints in Moss Green
– Rear frame: Hand-brazed cold-formed micro-alloy steel tubing in Mushroom Gray
- Fork: Handbuilt steel brazed fork in Mushroom Gray
- Saddle: Brooks Cambium C17
- Pedals: Brompton Folding left-hand and non-folding right-hand pedals
- Bottom bracket: Square taper
- Front-wheel: Double-wall rim, 28 spokes laced to a Brompton front hub
- Rear-wheel: Brompton 6-speed Rear Wheel
- Grips: Lock-on soft compound
- Drivetrain: Brompton Wide-range 6-speed drivetrain (2 x 3 speed), 300% range
- Headset: Brompton headset
- Derailleur: Brompton Chain Pusher
- Shifters: Brompton 2 and 3-speed Trigger shifters
To see more details or check out the other Bompton options, hit the link below.