Canfield Brother’s Jedi DH is a 9 inch travel monster wearing 27.5 shoes. For 2016, the frame will be available in a new color (more if you consider the choices in link colors available at no additional cost). To compliment the black ano, for 2016 the Jedi is now also available in a raw anodized finish. Other than the color, the frame doesn’t see technical changes for 2016.
Head on through for the rundown and pricing on the 2016 Canfield Brother’s Jedi as well as a video of it in action…
If the new color isn’t exciting enough, maybe the new pricing is. In 2015, with a Cane Creek DB Coil and custom MRP G3 chainguide, the flagship Jedi went for $3,150. This year, for the same build, they dropped the price a whopping $750 to $2,399.
The Canfield Brothers (as in Chris and Lance Canfield… the actual brothers), have been completely happy with the Jedi’s 2014 re-design, and even more stoked when they designed it to fit the 27.5 wheel size in 2015. With 9 inches of travel out back and 3 inches of rearward axle-path to counter any sharp angled obstacles, the Jedi’s “Formula 1 Suspension” moves the rear wheel up and back out of the way of impacts, versus hanging up. This gives the Jedi a “floating” feel in the rough and prevents the wheelbase from shrinking on impacts keeping stability in check. Additionally, the idler pulley isolates pedaling forces and negates braking or suspension feedback to keep the rider in as much control as possible when things get sketchy.
- 27.5” Downhill / 9” travel
- 7005 aluminum
- Formula 1 Suspension with 3″ rearward travel
- Titanium idler pulley cog
- Linear suspension rate
- Low maintenance 20mm pivots and Enduro Max bearings
- Extra rear derailleur hanger included
- Anodized and factory raw frame options
- Available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil included
- Shock Specs – 240mm x 76mm, (22mmX8mm hardware)
- Recommend fork length – 8”
- Headset – 49.6mm upper and lower, (external lower cup recommended)
- Bottom bracket – 83mm, threaded
- Seatpost – 30.9mm
- Seatpost clamp – 35mm
- Rear spacing – 150mmx12mm, (axle included)
- Brake Mount – IS, (international standard)
- Chain Guide – Custom MRP G3 chain guide included
- Extra derailleur hanger included
- We recommend a short cage derailleur for tighter chain tension.
- Only one chain is needed for set up with our idler pulley